The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Question about 98-99 ECU swap into a 95 DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianPria

Probationary Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caracas, South_America
Hello, I have a 95' DSM and I swaped a CAS, changed my F.O and my inyectors pins in the ecu harness, now, I bought a 98 GSX blackbox ECU, My car wont start with that ECU, and doesn't have immobilizer activated, Do I need anything else to make it work? Like change another ecu pins, or something. btw I was searching on the forums but I couldn't find anything about 98-99 ecu swap, only for Evo 8 ecu.

Thanks very much

If you are dead sure you have swapped the pins correctly and that the firing order is correct, there is a chance you probably got an ECU that has already been messed with? They are easy to flash so I would talk to the previous owner and confirm that he actually had it in a running car at some point and that it truly is a factory tune. Even a small change like going from stock to 550cc injectors is an 18% difference in fuel requirement so as you can imagine getting that to fire up is going to be a bi*** let alone if its more drastically modified!

Also, when you say you swapped a CAS what exactly do you mean. Did you install a 1g or 97+ CAS? Or you got another 95-96 cause you thought the original was malfunctioning? How did you adjust the wiring and connectors in the engine bay for whatever CAS you installed? And what exact firing order are you currently using making sure you list it considering the number 4 cylinder and coil position on the left, and the number 1 cylinder and coil position on the right (timing belt side) as you are looking at the engine from the front bumper.

Firing order should still be 4123 correct? Fullthrottle asks a valid question: What type of cas is being used?

I have the same set up 95 talon with a 1g cas and a black box ecu and I can't get it too start any help?

If you are using a 2gb ecu and a 1g cam angle sensor you shouldn't have to swap plug wires or injector pins since the cas isn't inverted. The 2gb ecu is set up for CAS on the passenger side so with a 1g or 97/99 cas and a 97/99 ecu you don't need to switch anything. If you put in the 99 ecu but still had the stock 95/96 cas then you would swap injector pins and plug wires.

ok so I have a 95 talon tsi awd with a 6 bolt swap and i have a black box ecu laying around. so do i need to swap any pins or anything to use that ecu or can i just plug it in and fire it up? any response is welcome and appreciated.

thanks

im also curious on what has to be done in order to run a black box in a 95? A lot of info scatter about on the forum in different threads about swapping plugs ect.. I would like to know what would a person have to do to run a black box in a 95 in order to flash it. I know i have read multiply threads stating just swap the plugs firing order and your good to go. But there has to be more to it?

In order to flash a black box on a 95 i know you have to add a flash connector to pin 79 of the ecu harness that connects to the phono plug on the openPort 2.0 cable. Also would like to know how that is done. Any one have a nice write up or experience that can share the information in order to start flashing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back