The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

QTP Electric Cutout Sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakelandry

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Minden, Louisiana
This is just an informative post in the event anyone else is ever in a similar scenario to the one I am currently in. QTP has "data sheets" or drawings with some dimensions on their website. One dimension they do not include is the bore or opening diameter as seen below.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I purchased a 3.5" cutout to be used inline of my exhaust as my primary flow path when open. When it is closed my exhaust gets routed out the side to a stock muffler where I can make full power with it open and not get a headache when its closed. I am building this car to be in the 700-800 WHP range which I feel 3" becomes a restriction around that power goal. When I measured the true opening of the 3.5" cutout I got what is pictured below.

I emailed QTP to confirm I got the right cutout and not a 3"version to which they replied:

I was tempted to reply " Looks like you've been wrong for 20 years." but I will swallow my pride and just let others make their own decisions. This post is not meant to bash QTP but I wish I would have known this prior to ordering where I could have gone with a 4" version or another company's product.

Below is also a picture of their Y-pipe for people to use to make their own decisions as to the quality of their products. You can see the haz from where the other pipe is welded to this one and how much material they chose to leave when plasma cutting the hole. I am sure there is an adequate cross section there to allow flow without power loss but after having theirs in my hands, I chose to fabricate my own.

Came across this when I did mine, although I still used the supplied parts. You will definitely love it, it truly is the best of both worlds to be able to cruise around in a stock-quiet car so the neighbors don’t hate yah, then opening it when you want, gl with the fab work

All that I can add is, choot him Jacob, choot him!, so do they actually make a 4" one then?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back