1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Pyrometer

Posted by Velmin hu, Jun 18, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Velmin hu

Velmin hu Proven Member

Joined May 25, 2019
    Las vegas, Nevada
    greetings I have my pyrometer hook onto
    My exhaust manifold on to it my pod gauge it reads 0 when the car is running when I press the gas it goes up to 3,4,5,6 but it should stay up? but it drops back down to 0 on deceleration should it measure the temperature of exhaust????

2. Dreams Realized

Dreams Realized Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2018
    Seattle, Washington
    Have you driven extensively with it or just sat at idle? With car parked? If the engine is not warm then your exhaust manifold will not be sufficiently heated to give you any readings... also what is your pyrometer reading that it would give you integers 0-6?

It sounds like the problem is improper/incomplete setup- hopefully not sensor placement

Street Build 599  5

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    ThunderChild likes this.
  3. Velmin hu

Velmin hu Proven Member

Joined May 25, 2019
    Las vegas, Nevada
    When idle doesn’t move stays at 0 when I give it gas acceleration goes up varies 1,2,3,4 increase but doesn’t go very high number 10,11,12,13. So every time I push gas acceleration it moves when I let go of gas deceleration it comes back down to 0

4. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    Show us the gauge. This is an egt gauge with a separate thermocouple correct? Not an af fauge?

Street Build 2K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM