The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Put on new suspension...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
Hey all, just installed my sportlines and kyb AGX's today. I think its the most perfect lookin drop for a 1g, IMO. It handles great, looks great and doesnt ride bad at all. THe struts are a little stiff, but I love the feeling:D :dsm:

-What's your set at? Mine are at 2 F & 3 R, sometime my windshield turn on as I go over railroad track, but that's the springs not the struts being too stiff.

I have them on 2F and 5R. but Im going to turn the front to either 3 ir 4 right now...

Qucik question... On my struts up front, they didnt have any rod cover/protection or a bumpstop, did yours? I put the plastic cover on the back and the bumpstops, but my fronts dont have them.

-I'm not using the dust boots either, front or rear, gain a whooping 1/16" more strut clearance, I cut the bump stop in 1/2.

No i was saying my fronts didnt have bumpstops on them. Its not like they bottom out a lot, its just that when they do it wont be very cushioned. So i guess I should go get some from the dealer eh???

-I believe 4X4 part store also sell those stuff, just need about 1" of material for the bump stop.

I Bought These Coilovers For My Car...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859484791

I Bought These Shocks For My Car...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1858806755&rd=1

And was wanting to know 4 things...

1: Did i get a good deal?
2: Did i get an OK product???
3: Will this setup be ok on my 98 eclipse gs? (*hopes*)
4: Will i need to get any other modifications to put with this kit? (dum i know)

Because it says that it is for a NON-Turbo car and i am modding my car with that stage 2 hahn kit hopefully (with that group buy...) and was wondering if this will be fine? :confused:

Originally posted by 98RedGs

-The coil over kit is too cheap, could be a bood thing. The AGX is good price for $310/4.

2: Did i get an OK product???

-The photo for the coil over kit is dublicate of the same strut, your actual kit will be different, didn't mention spring rate in the page. AGX is ok for street car.

3: Will this setup be ok on my 98 eclipse gs? (*hopes*)

-Don't know, I have AWD.

4: Will i need to get any other modifications to put with this kit? (dum i know)

-Most likely, you will need to grind/cut off the spring perch(tray) on the front strut in order to put the sleeve on, unless they use some really short spring so the sleeve can sit on the strut's spring perch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back