The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Put motor back together and now the lifters are ticking bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal_flip

Probationary Member
May 3, 2003
MarylandUS
Just got done putting back together my motor in my 90 talon tsi and the lifters are ticking bad. I had all the valves replaced in the head since a few were bent. Replaced water pump belts and tensioners. STarted it up and the lifters are ticking bad. any ideas?

When you rebuild the head, its a good idea to clean the lifters or simply replace them, then lube them before replacement. If they are removed from the head, they can dry out and cause a nasty tick when replaced and dry.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/lifters.html

Maybe take your valve cover off and dous both sides of each camshaft with some fresh oil.

my_gst95

When I first upgraded the lifter, it was ticking badly at initial start up. Went away after 15 mins of driving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back