The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Purchasing a Talon TSI AWD, good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panchoelkatch

Proven Member
Jun 4, 2014
Lemoore, California
I'm getting a pretty sweet deal on a 1995 Talon TSI AWD. All stock except lowering springs and minor 2G conversion (headlights and tail)

Has 80k miles looks in decent condition but here's the bad part he says the pressure plate went out after a shitty clutch replacement. Car will turn on and idle fine, but clutch won't let gears engage while car is on. They will go in when car is off.

I'm trading an xbox one and $300. It has 300$ in DMV fees what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 140
It sounds like a sweet deal to me for that price. $300 and a xbox? I don't like xboxs and actually don't play very many video games so I would jump on it. But who knows what all that could be wrong with it. Ifor you're willing and able to fix it, I'd do it. Pics if you get a chance

haha, xbox one for a car. That is a great deal. Its looks stock motor wise besides the valve cover. Might want to check for physical damage, looks like they had the driver side airbag replaced

No rust, and what would you guys say is a common issue with these cars that I should look for? Obviously drivetrain is a big one, but I know the clutch /pressure plate is bad. Any way to check if the tranny is bad?

check for thrust endplay when you pull trannsmission. Pull plugs check there condition for normal burn. Do ALL mantanace, such as timing belt bs shaft belt, put a decent clutch in, it may not go into gear because bad clutch pedal assbly adjustment.

I would jump on it if nothing else to turn a profit.

If you can, check the wiring for tampering. If it starts having electrical issues, it may be worth it to invest in whole new harnesses or even get a new car. I'm getting sick of people who think that they need to rewire the whole car and then nothing works.

So were at a point where my cousin thinks it's the transfer case because gears won't go in while it's on.

Here's the story...it has literally a brand new clutch installed by the previous shop, it breaks down 2 weeks after. The previous owner said it didn't even need the clutch but he just wanted a fresh clutch. Needless to say I think the shop did a shitty installation and the pressure plate have out.

I found receipts where literally it's had a brand new timing belt installed, ball joints, alignments , balance shaft belt. So the car had been recently maintained. Doesn't even have 400 miles on all these parts

Talk him down to 200-250 and the Xbox One. It looking unmolested.. Stock everything pretty much. I'd would do that deal if i where you.

I would snatch it, if it were closer to me!!!! LOL don't let some else beat you to the punch

looks good man i just recently bought a 99 gsx and im in the process of replacing the head gasket. i have been told they are pretty notorious for blowing head gaskets but over all cant beat the deal do it.

I would definitely do that deal. As long as there is no issues with getting it titled. Not sure how they do that where you are, in Texas, the fees stay with the registered owner... not sure what fees could even be. LOL

Sounds like a good deal if you're looking to start a build, but the car may have more issues than just a clutch if he's willing to trade it for an xbox hahah

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back