The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Pulling my motor (sad face)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97 Demon

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2011
Antelope, California
My DSM is my daily and it decided to give out on me today:notgood:, luckly i was able to push it back to my grandmas, if you know where can get a 420a motor/tranny combo cheap that works please let me know at: 520-331-7601

Last edited:
i need at least a new head to rebuild the engine, the trans.... i have no idea how to do it anymore, even though that was the last class i had at UTI, it was over 2 years ago and i have done all kinds of stuff since then.

plus, there are over 200k miles on the both of them... time to get revamped.

At that point I would part out what you have on CL and eBay. Start looking for a cheap AWD maybe one with a blown Head gasket for a easy fix.:thumb:

1990 Eagle Talon TSI/Mitsubishi Eciplse GSX

Maybe open your eyes up to different options than just rebuilding a N/T trust me you'll have more fun.

:rocks:

call this guy 7863931599, they have an engine for you that came out of a 99 for 500, work a deal to get it shipped they are pretty good about working with you, i just ordered a completely rebuild longblock from them the other day

sinister, i was looking at that exact car actually, but i need to get a job before that, i just got back in town and am currently looking for some work. my car breaking down means i need to fix it so i can get back to looking.

anyone got some free time today that is willing to help me drop and tear apart my engine and trans? i need to pull the head, disconnect the trans, and bottom end, lots of work on a budget.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back