The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

pulling motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipticalGS

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2008
walker, Michigan
Just a quick question on which is the easiest way to pull my 7-bolt for a new 7-bolt swap. Should i A. pull without tranny or pull with tranny. If i do pull with tranny how do i undo the cv joints that go into the tranny, and will i have to rebleed and redo the clutch master bleeding?
Or can i jsut unbolt the tranny from the block, drop the tranny mount slightly with a floor jack and a piece of wood, then tilt the motor and seperate it from tranny and input shaft, then pull it out?

Do i still have to disconect axles and rebleed clutch for both way? thanks

I believe you will have to bleed the clutch system when you put it all back together.
As for dropping the motor, i would pull out the motor from up top alltogether with the tranny.
Of course, don't forget to take the axles off first. Not sure how to do this as i have no experience with this, but i believe it comes off with pressure ?

Put the front of the car on jackstands. Take off the wheels. Remove the nuts on the end of the axles. Un hook the upper balljoint and tie rods. The axles can come out of the hub now, unless you are awd then there are 2 bolts that must come out of the block for the driver side. The clutch will not need bled if you just un bolt the slave from the trans and move it out of the way without disconnecting any of the lines to it. It is way easier to pull the engine and trans together.

I always pull the engine and tranny together. It makes a cleaner job and you can check your tranny for problems. Your axles pop out w/a pry bar between the tranny and the cv joint. You should get an engine leveler to help remove/reinstall engine it will tilt your engine. Lower the engine first and tilt to remove. You cant just pull straight up it is to wide. You will get on shock towers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back