The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pulling motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamble97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
small town, Illinois
I am going to be pulling my motor soon. I have the turbo,manifold,radiator,intake and intercooler pipes off. I am swapping my motor and tranny. The car is a 97 gsx.
Can they both be pulled together or does the tranny have to be pulled from the bottom of the car?

Yep I agree, I have done it a few times. I always pull the tranny, head, mani and turbo all together on the motor. Much easier to pull it all together. Just a little tough to put back it but it works.

Is it a tight fit w/ the stock turbo? I have a gt35 that I want to drop in with the motor, should I put it on the motor and drop it in or wait until the motor is in the car?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back