The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Pulling Engine for Rear Main. Other Things to get done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3define

Probationary Member
Apr 5, 2010
Cloquet, Minnesota
I have to get the rear main oil seal replaced in my 98. I figured since the engine was coming out I would also get the timing belt changed. Any other things to get fixed/changed? Thanks Guys.

Change that water pump since it is coming out anyway.. I would delete the balance shaft if you haven't done that yet:thumb:

Just looked at your profile and seen you have a n/t

Last edited:
do the timing components definitly and water pump but also do all the seals too like crank and cam seals maybe front case too if you feel like it!

water/oil pump, timing components, if you take off the head then obviously a new headgasket, if you have the money, pretty much just buy an overhaul gasket kit

If the only thing wrong is the rear main seal, drop the trans and do the seal. No need to take the whole engine out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back