The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Pulley Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xGrafitti

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2012
Vance, Alabama
I have a 99 GST and my pulleys have some problems and I need to know the easiest way of working on them?

Lets start with.... what problem are you having with the pulleys?

%100 agree

Its not a smartass response but it was a dumbass question. If you need help you need to be more descriptive.
It was not a dumbass question... Did you not get what I was talking about? Thought so..

I have a 99 GST and my pulleys have some problems and I need to know the easiest way of working on them?

You asked this. No one knows what you are talking about. There is the crank pulley, alternator pulley, water pump pulley, ps pulley, ac pulley and ac tensioner pulley. Each one can have a different problem which would require a different method to repair. How do you expect anyone to know what you are talking about. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer. If you want someone to help you than describe the exact problem so that people know what you mean. People can't read your mind.

bryanwheat said:
You asked this. No one knows what you are talking about. There is the crank pulley, alternator pulley, water pump pulley, ps pulley, ac pulley and ac tensioner pulley. Each one can have a different problem which would require a different method to repair. How do you expect anyone to know what you are talking about. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer. If you want someone to help you than describe the exact problem so that people know what you mean. People can't read your mind.

This is sound advice. And not to be mean but there are dumb questions. I'm pretty sure he was provoking you to be more descriptive. If your having trouble explaining it use pictures to help. If your not descriptive you'll just end up with a bunch of answer that don't help, as has been proven. I was temped to just put "with the motor out of the car"

When your ready we will be here to help.

Did you not get what I was talking about?

NO! That's the problem, none of us do.

As mentioned, your question is very vague. If you go to the doctor and say, "I don't feel good. What's wrong with me?" I guarantee you he won't be able to help you. Nonetheless, we are trying to help you out.

BTW, nice smart ass response to a smart ass response.

"BTW, nice smart ass response to a smart ass response"

Be a smart ass to me and I'll just be one back. I pretty much said "How can I get to the pulleys"??

And btw I'm done replying to anyone that's going to be negative on a post. Only replying to people that are actually on the site to help.

Easiest way to work on them is to take the engine out............

However....I would put a peice of wood under the oil pan and put a jack under that point (This is so you don't crush your oil pan) and take the driver's side motor mount out to lower the engine enough to loosen/tighten whatever you need to loosen/tighten on the timing side. I had to take the front roll stop out of mine to get it a lil bit lower.

Last edited:
Easiest way to work on them is to take the engine out............

However....I would put a peice of wood under the oil pan (This is so you don't crush your oil pan) and take the driver's side motor mount out to lower the engine enough to loosen/tighten whatever you need to loosen/tighten on the timing side. I had to take the front roll stop out of mine to get it a lil bit lower.
Sounds like a plan. Thank you for your advice and not being rude.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back