The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

PTE6262 new personal best!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow91

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2010
Ironton, Ohio
Went and done some TNT yesterday, and ran a new personal best of a 6.64@109 1.48 60'. Cat weighs 3050 with me in it. Crappy suspension. Mh racemaster slicks. Stock drivetrain. Tranny is evo3 with welded center diff. Figured I'd share!!! I'll post vid n timeslip when I get off work!! Woo hoo

i ran a 10.4@137 at the shootout. the car pulls hard up top, im going to a 1/4 track in 2 weeks, gunna try to bust a low 10. maybe a high 9!!

What boost level is it on?

38 with 116 race gas

heres the slip

Attachments

• racecar 086.jpg
    racecar 086.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 127
Your gonna need a couple more tenths to get a 9.9. My 1/8th on the 9.9@137 was 6.3@110. That's still pretty good times on a 6262.

Went and done some TNT yesterday, and ran a new personal best of a 6.64@109 1.48 60'. Cat weighs 3050 with me in it. Crappy suspension. Mh racemaster slicks. Stock drivetrain. Tranny is evo3 with welded center diff. Figured I'd share!!! I'll post vid n timeslip when I get off work!! Woo hoo
Nice!! Thats how much my car weighed and trapped near that at 31psi. I have no clue how much power I was making. In your profile I see your power at 34psi but have you dyno'd your car at 38psi?

Last edited:
rev to 9400, went to dyno the car, only reved to 7500 and put down 580, broke a dyno strap. plus my counter gear worked its way loose and crack the outer cae of tranny, and spilled tranny fluid all over the place, so called it quits.

Your gonna need a couple more tenths to get a 9.9. My 1/8th on the 9.9@137 was 6.3@110. That's still pretty good times on a 6262.

the car is getting gutted, with a cage, this winter. if i had a dogbox, the car could easily hit 9s with the way it sits, but some new upgrades are coming this winter too, :hellyeah:

Congrats!!! That is impressive indeed. Hope you get your low 10 or 9 soon. Keep us posted. :D

I assume that you have a built 2.0L, right? Also, what spring/retainer combination are you running to shift at 9,400 RPM?

I assume that you have a built 2.0L, right? Also, what spring/retainer combination are you running to shift at 9,400 RPM?

gsc springs and retainers with 280 bc cams.:hellyeah:

Congrats!!! That is impressive indeed. Hope you get your low 10 or 9 soon. Keep us posted. :D

well on the 1st pass, on the middle of 3rd, the tranny finally let go. ran a 7.1 in the 1/8 coasting and ran a 12.4 through the 1/4

Why are you revving it so high? You must be seeing full boost by 6k at the latest right? You should put back on the dyno and see where it stops making power. If you don't have to rev it that high you shouldn't. I'm sure you know this but it just seems unnecessary with your setup. I know people with 67s that only rev to 8700.

Because his car is FULLY FULLY BUILT bro thats why he revs so high, who do you know revving to 8700 with a 67mm?LOL

Because his car is FULLY FULLY BUILT bro thats why he revs so high, who do you know revving to 8700 with a 67mm?LOL

I useally shift my car at 8500, but my redline is set to 9000. I don't like reving it high, because of the stress on bearings and the oil pump. I have a 66mm on my car. Alot of factors come into play when looking at my own dyno charts. I'm still on baby HKS 272/272 cams and my compression is low. I refuse to use any other cam, that'll kill anymore bottem power off boost. I like driving the car on the street. My 10.5 to 1 motor is done and will be going in the car with Kelford 280/280s next.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back