The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

PTE Turbo's-Is there a website where I can learn ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet97

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2004
auburn, New_York
to figure out what their nomenclature means? Like Dejon is selling a SCM6152. I am afraid that is a 65lb/min turbo with a small .52a/r turbine but I am not sure. I'm not sure what PTE stand's for so don't know what to try for a site:>)Thanks, mark

the BB5031 is a great turbo IMO. Has the power of a standard 50 trim, doesn't have any surge issues, and spools great with the BB CHRA. Aside from that, PTE's website shows what you need. Also, I have spoken to many vendors about the mitsu turbine housing and the general consensus is spoken verbatim "It's not as big as a .63 AR, but not as small as .48AR or bullseyes' (.55AR)." and "It is modeled after the .63 AR". Henceforth, who knows how small or big it is and to truly tap the potential of this turbo one would need to move to a t3 turbine housing.

50 trim is too small for my needs and that SCM6152 is not much more than i had. I was thinking the FP "RED" with the 8^cm2 turbine might make up for the lower flow with a higher flowing turbine? mark

sweet97 said:
50 trim is too small for my needs and that SCM6152 is not much more than i had. I was thinking the FP "RED" with the 8^cm2 turbine might make up for the lower flow with a higher flowing turbine? mark

The red uses a 60-1 wheel. Perhaps looking into an FP3575? 3065? etc?

I believe the 3575 uses a T4 turbine so that is out as I have a DNP tubular I am trying to sell now,, brand new, and am trying a SBR cast model. Then the 3065 costs nearly $2000. when you add their o2 housing and external gate. Guess I still need to look but no hurry. Thanks, mark

3575 uses the same turbine as the 3065. But i dont see any reason in you getting a 3575. You did say you were looking for a 'cruiser' at one point. And you didnt even come close to seeing the potential of the 70lb/min turbo you sold. I think a 3065 is max you should look into for what your doing.

The 3575 uses the same turbine housing but a bigger turbine. GT37 not the GT30 of the 3065.

sweet97 said:

Are you looking to replace your holset? If so that housing isn't going to flow any better. According to this http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm 8cm housing is approximately .57 A/R, I read some where that the bullseye housing is .55 A/R http://shop.imsmotorsports.com/dsm_s200.asp . Basically the same. Have you done any tuning on your holset yet before giving up on it? Like alot of other people have said to you in the past the turbo is not the problem, you need to tune.

BrokenTsi said:
3575 uses the same turbine as the 3065. But i dont see any reason in you getting a 3575. You did say you were looking for a 'cruiser' at one point. And you didnt even come close to seeing the potential of the 70lb/min turbo you sold. I think a 3065 is max you should look into for what your doing.
Drew,
Yeah the FP3575 uses a T4 turbine as "chicks love boost" said, larger turbine, more compressor, 10lbs/min more. Yeah an interstate cruiser. I want to have more potential then the Holset HX-35/40 had. I never reached it's potential for tuning and possibly the Bullseye turbine being restrictive. Bullseye does offer the "new" Borg-Warner compressors and the S366 compressor is rated at 80lbs/min. MWE and extended tip technology with a lighter rotating assembly. I wonder if any tuners have the B-W? Mark

90AWDTalon said:
Are you looking to replace your holset? If so that housing isn't going to flow any better. According to this http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm 8cm housing is approximately .57 A/R, I read some where that the bullseye housing is .55 A/R http://shop.imsmotorsports.com/dsm_s200.asp . Basically the same. Have you done any tuning on your holset yet before giving up on it? Like alot of other people have said to you in the past the turbo is not the problem, you need to tune.

I sold the Holset without going to DSMlink. The link is in the future.
The a/r's between two "families" of turbines cannot be compared. A/r's between sat 3 PTE turbines can be compared, not between a bullseye and a Mitsu. A/r is a ratio between the area of the volute and the radius from the center of the turbine to the center of the volute. Still you may be correct, perhaps the 8^cm2 flows no better than the .55a/r of the Bullseye. I may contact FP on that onme but Im will most likel;y look elsewhere for a larger turbine 70+ compressor. mark

sweet97 said:
I sold the Holset without going to DSMlink. The link is in the future.
The a/r's between two "families" of turbines cannot be compared. A/r's between sat 3 PTE turbines can be compared, not between a bullseye and a Mitsu. A/r is a ratio between the area of the volute and the radius from the center of the turbine to the center of the volute. Still you may be correct, perhaps the 8^cm2 flows no better than the .55a/r of the Bullseye. I may contact FP on that onme but Im will most likel;y look elsewhere for a larger turbine 70+ compressor. mark

Sorry to hear you got rid of the holset, I was hoping you would get it figured out. I'm extreamly happy with my hx35. There's not enough people giving these a real chance.

Mark, the 3575 will bolt up to your stock style manifold. The internals are T4, not the housing.

If you're gung-ho for bolt-on, FP housings are the way to go. I haven't heard the best things about the PTE housings, either. They may be a hair bigger than the Bullseye, but all bolt-ons are "small."

Really the FP3575 is a bolt on? What turbine does it use, one of it's own designs? Best of the bolt on's for turbine housings?
I did sell the holset but I am not sure if i am changing turbo's or parting out the car yet as my health continues to limit my driving. Mark

Everybody keeps saying turbine, and it's confusing. Clarify turbine wheel or turbine housing.

According to a post FP made on this site, the 3575 uses the 75 lb/min GT40 compressor wheel in a TO4S cover. The hotside is a GT37 turbine wheel in the FP cast .70 A/R (9cm) bolt on housing.

Review by evil_eagle
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203475&highlight=3575

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back