The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

PTE Turbo Install On A 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parts Needed for installation

1 pte
2 7cm turbine housing gasket from machv motorsports
3 garret oil return line gasket
4 o2 housing gasket
5 down pipe gasket
6 1g n/t water pipe
7 external wastegate

First start by disconnecting the battery. Remove the radiator. Remove all the intake components. then the 4 bolts holding your turbo to the manifold 14 mm socket. remove the front water line banjo bolt 22mm. un bolt the oil line on the side of the head. unbolt the down pipe and the oil return line from the bottom of the turbo and on the oil pan.

I ordered the pte setup for a external gate and a turbosmart ultragate 35mm. along with the insatll kit for the turbo.

i took the o2 housing to a local shop called dynamic motorsports to have the wastegate mounted to the o2 housing. cost 40.00 www.dmspower.com

ok with that done it came time to install the turbo i blocked the front water line coming from the water pipe with a bolt. then i bolted the o2 housing to the turbo and with the help of a buddy holding the pte in place with the 7cm gasket i put the 4 bolts in the manifold to hold the turbo in place.

Sencond i ran a steel braided line included in the install kit from the top hole in the turbo cartrage to the oil filter housing its the upper hex screw you tap for the filtered oil.

3rd i installed the new oil return line included in the install kit I used rtv gasket maker to hold gasket in place not alot. this was a tight fit with the front motor mount. then i bolted it to the oil pan.

4th I bolted the down pipe back in place .

5 th i used a 2 1/2 inch dejon tool intake pipe for the new intake and hooked up all the intake peices.

6th hooked up lic pipe to the turbo

7th put the radiator back and filled with coolant.

8th change the oil and re connected the battery.

thats it your done enjoy boosting will post pics later

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back