The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

PTE scm5031E vs scm3227e vs 3231e

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98GST

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2005
Cleveland, Tennessee
First of all, yes I have searched but really cant find what I'm looking for and plus most results were returned as the BB5031.

I'm looking to get a 5031E from Extremepsi.com and was wondering what you guys think of the turbo. It will be going on my 2g GST as a daily driver looking for 350-400whp. It will see occasional track, autoX, and lots of spirited daily driving. How does this turbo perform and what can I expect of a difference moving from my td06h 20g?

With the 5031 setup, I'm planning on doing an o2 mounted 38mm WG with a VP o2, a sbr manifold, the extremepsi install kit. What are your thoughts and responses?

Thanks,
Justin.

Like wise on the other two turbos, which one would give me an aggressive bottom end spool but not too harsh and insane top end power?

i have the bb 5031 and i love it, spools around 3600. But you have fwd you might not want the BB or get the 3231 i think it will spool little later.as for your question about the 20g, not to sure but i am gonna say not much.

How does the 5031 pull? what is the difference between the 5031 and the bb5031?

The regular 5031 has a regular bearing center cartridge while the BB5031 has the dual ball bearing cartridge. The compressor wheel is the same, you get the same options for compressor housing as well as the exhaust wheel.

I have the BB5031 and absolutely love it. I'm moving about 53-54lb/min on a good cool dry night at 25psi on pump gas. With my Cyclone, I get really good low end torque as well.

What would you guys recommend to me as my FWD DD lookign for 350-400whp. I want to be able to spool nicely but not light the tires up like crazy but I want some serious serious power up top :)

What is wrong with your 20g? TD06-20g should get your to your goals easy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back