The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

PTE SCM dyno/track numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coup D E'Tat said:
Not sure on that. On PTE's site, it has T04E covers listed (3" inlet, 2" outlet.) Unless someone else is putting them on, or they aren't on the site?

Typically PTE won't use the S-cover on Mitsu applications because the S-cover has a slightly larger exterior diameter than the E-cover. With the E-cover the water pipe and fans already have to be clearanced. The E-cover will flow enough to support the SCM61. When going larger than that, most go to the 67, a different flange, and a different compressor cover.

Yeah i have a fp green and on race gas at 60psi! its way better than yours! :thumbdown :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbdown :thumbdown :cool: :cool:

rsTurboLaser said:
Yeah i have a fp green and on race gas at 60psi! its way better than yours! :thumbdown :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbdown :thumbdown :cool: :cool:

All hail the king of turdbo knowledge.

:thumb:

My 2g put down 400 whp on a t3/t4 50 trim with 19 psi on 92 pump gas ;)

AEM controlled of course.

I call bs on the 400hp on a 50trim at 19 psi, It says you have dsmlink V2 and AEM. You are lying!!!!! Do you have any proof Jeff?

Yes MIKEY, I DO have proof!...You were there! LOL

I have numerous dyno sheets laying here...Now go put that built head on your galant allready.

kilurv8 said:
I have a SCM61 and I love it. I drive it on the street at around 20psi on pump gas and have only lost 1 race (Twin turbo 350 on race gas). The 61 will make tons of horsepower as long as you have the parts. It is a bit laggy but you can get around it through gear selection and clutch usage. I have become a big fan of buying the largest biggest parts first otherwise you will end up buying it down the road.

hey bro any more info on that race man i always loved ur car, and that z must of been pushin some serious power to beat a 11.3 ride

That 11.3 wasn't (as far as I know) made on pump. He ran the Z on pump.

I believe I'm going to go SCM61, but I'm still open to any other views.

Thanks,

Jesse

Also, has anyone had creep issues with internal wastegates on SCM61's? Lower boost until tuned, but once I get it set up properly, shooting for around 20PSI daily. I will also be using a externally dumped O2 housing.

Thanks a lot guys,

Jesse

I helped put an SCM61 on a friends car. Stock 6-bolt shortblock, ported head, 272/272, magnus intake, PTE FMIC, evo3 mani, SCM61, AEM EMS, meth injection. At 30 psi on pump gas + alcohol it's disturbingly fast. On regular pump gas at 24-25 psi it was still fast enough to hang with a heads/cam corvette. Great turbo.

I don't think you'll have much trouble keeping it at 20 psi with an externally dumped gate.

Alright, cool. I am also now looking at the Turbonetics 60-1 through AGP. Just depends on how much I can get the PTE for. I should know today, so hopefully I can make my decision soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back