The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

pte 6262???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I'm glad to read some good things about the 6262 after reading so many posts of people saying PTE sucks. Its okay though because I'm waiting for mine to show up at my door. I'm getting the 4"in-2.5" out ported cover with a T3 flange with a V-Band .82a/r hot side. Its going on a fully built motor with an SLS or Punishment manifold and I can't wait to see how it does.

Keep us posted..

About 3 months ago PTE announced (on Supraforums) the release of a divided (or twin scroll as called by some), .84 A/R T4 housing. Tomorrow (Monday) I find out pricing and place my order. Anyone looking to buy a brand new .68 A/R T4 open turbine housing for there 6262? LOL

Precision Divided Housings for 6262 and 5862 CEA Billet!!!!!!

Honestly, I would not. Nothing wrong with the housing you're running dude. Save your money and tune the car. :thumb:

" I'm getting the 4"in-2.5" out ported cover with a T3 flange with a V-Band .82a/r hot side."

Sounds like the same turbo I put on my IX RS. Have not dynoed it yet on my Mustang dyno. I like the lack of waterlines but the cooled housing. New technology I guess. Hoping to be in the 520-530 range on 30 psi.

Been a couple more weeks.. Is anyone making video's of there 6262 DSM's? Youtube and Streetfire aren't showing anything new. Also, doesn't anyone have one with a bolt on housing? (looking for pic's).

im torn between the DBB 6262 and the 6265. either way im pretty sure i want a .68 t4 hotside. I just want to know the spool difference because I am auto and it will help with my stall process.

Yes please some videos. After going to the track Sunday, this kid was telling me about the new 6266 and how it's better than the 6262 with it's power. I called PTE and they gave me some better details and now it's kind of a throw up between the two for me, plus same price. 6266 is a bigger exhaust wheel and sacrifices 300-400 rpm spool but will make up for it up top and then some.

Yes please some videos. After going to the track Sunday, this kid was telling me about the new 6266 and how it's better than the 6262 with it's power. I called PTE and they gave me some better details and now it's kind of a throw up between the two for me, plus same price. 6266 is a bigger exhaust wheel and sacrifices 300-400 rpm spool but will make up for it up top and then some.

PTE tech told me they are seeing at 2 - 3 lbs/min more with the 66mm wheel.

Weird because retailers seem to be advertising better spool with the new exhaust wheels.

Christmas time updates? I've searched Youtube, but come up with next to nothing for DSM's running 6262's.. where is everyone posting video's?

2012 bump.. Anyone have a 6262 bolt on housing they'd be willing to sell for R&D purposes? I regularly check the classifieds and eBay to no avail...

2012 bump.. Anyone have a 6262 bolt on housing they'd be willing to sell for R&D purposes? I regularly check the classifieds and eBay to no avail...

I have one but I'm in Australia, pretty sure shipping would be a bit of a killer from here!
Is it just the housing that you need?

i just ordered a 6266 DBB .68 T4 and my punishment racing t4 manifold and hot kit just came in. I hope to make over 600 thru the automatic.
on another note, a friend of mine just made 622/539tq with his .82 T3 JB 6266. here is the video and dyno sheet:
[youtube]9bsr2vZVbkc&hd=1[/youtube]
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

damn, imprssive numbers, spool times and all on this turbo. I wish i could trade my PTE6776 back in on one LOL (or at least get the comp cover and wheel to put in mine :D )

on a side note after further readings here in this thread i thought i'd add that my turbo is Dual ball bearing but using steel balls, no ceramic, i've seen pics of them really deformed and am glad i didn't get them.. heard too much bad about their JB units to want to try one but can't picture why they'd fail if everything was assembled and oiled correctly.. the BB unit ihave is in great shape, especailly or being older and now having maybe 6500 miles on it and being spooled to atleast 25psi several times daily..also it's fed fro thehead with a .030 PTE provided restrictor (i hate their aluminum crappy thread restrictors too i ust add and would rather make my own :D )

Made 702whp on E85 at around 36psi on a DynoJet. I do have a video on my phone of the dyno session, a picture of the dyno results, and ecmlink datalog. Looks like PTE6262 is capable of making 700+whp. I will be doing another dyno session bringing boost up to 40psi. I am currently replacing regular ARP head studs with ARP Custom Age 625+ head studs. Regular ARP head studs may not like 40psi boost.

Made 702whp on E85 at around 36psi on a DynoJet. I do have a video on my phone of the dyno session, a picture of the dyno results, and ecmlink datalog. Looks like PTE6262 is capable of making 700+whp. I will be doing another dyno session bringing boost up to 40psi. I am currently replacing regular ARP head studs with ARP Custom Age 625+ head studs. Regular ARP head studs may not like 40psi boost.

Very nice!! Post that dyno sheet when you get a chance. I can't wait to dyno my comp 6465 ct-4 billet ball bearing unit I finally upgraded to a 3" gm mas and dsm v3 . You give me something to. look forward

My Ecmlink controlled boost contoller is not perfect, so boost was flactuating between 34 and 36psi as per ecmlink data log omni 4BAR. During this dyno run we forgot to turn on a blower to cooldown FMIC, it might have resulted in couple deg of knock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back