The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

pte 6262???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The honda guys are in the upper 600's and lower 700's on racegas with this turbo.

My buddy is getting tuned next week with a 6262 on his built 2.0 GSR(yes 2.0). I'll post up the results.

Just to updated this, my friend decided to go with the 6765 T3 .82 a/r and he got 771whp and 5xx torque yesterday. This was with q16 and 29psi. The car ran out of fuel so we couldn't take it any higher and considering the low boost on racegas, the car has plenty of power to go.

I've had problems with PTE's JB turbo's that I personally owned in the past. I've heard threw the grape vine (take it however you want) that PTE's new air cooled dual ceramic ball bearing center sections, have some "actual" R&D behind them, and "should" outlast the motors they are going on.. just the grape vine talking though so we'll see.. Everyone knows there reputation when it comes to JB turbo's, and it's less then :rocks: star!

Mine is actually on it's way to me as we speak! :)

John (assume that's your name from your SN on here). How did you order yours? I also ordered one. 6262 billet compressor wheel, ported cover (SP), dual ceramic ball bearing, T4 .68A/R turbine housing, $1,444.95 shipped for me. (I'm on a DNP T4 manifold)...

How much did you pay shipped (If you don't mind me inquiring?) I ordered mine directly from PTE.

John (assume that's your name from your SN on here). How did you order yours? I also ordered one. 6262 billet compressor wheel, ported cover (SP), dual ceramic ball bearing, T4 .68A/R turbine housing, $1,444.95 shipped for me. (I'm on a DNP T4 manifold)...

How much did you pay shipped (If you don't mind me inquiring?) I ordered mine directly from PTE.

Yup, it's Jon. I ordered mine in 4 Bolt T3 DBB .63 AR with the SP compressor housing. I paid $1300 shipped through one of the vendors on this site. I'm running the JMFab T3 manifold. I went with the smaller exhaust housing because my car will be street driven quite a bit and I was willing to sacrifie a little up top for better spoolup. From everything I've read the 6262 is an awesome turbo.

yeah I agree. I've been doing some research also. I'd like (in the distant future) to compound this with with a FP 68hta in an AWD auto...

Lookie what arrived via FedEX last night... :thumb:

Attachments

• turbosmall.jpg
    turbosmall.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 195
The "ceramic" bearing ones fail too....just not as often.

Yeah, everything goes bad eventually. I read about the person that had 4 PTE DBB units fail. I don't know them or the situation, but that sounds a lot like user induced failure. We all know PTE's JB reputation, hence why the DBB option is the only choice for me and many others. I understand that they (PTE) don't have the best rep with DSM owners, but something is off, because the other forums I frequent (turbo buick, evoM, Honda-Tech, srt forums, cobaltSS.net, you get the idea) all praise the new DBB center sections. I think the oiling is the problem. Checking for correct volume / pressure at cruise, idle and redline, as well as having an overly large drain setup (-12AN or larger, I know PTE recommends -10AN) would solve a lot of problems. I'm sure everyone has read the thread Justin started about the oil drain lines being to small. Still no excuse for JB turbo's PTE makes going to crap, but like the saying goes "You can't make mountains of HP and never pop your hood". I was def. part of the group (when I was younger) that just Home Depot mod'd my DSM, never really did any ground work as far as learning the "tricks and tips" if you will, about changing things. Thank God I was lead down the right path by others more wise then I was.. Sorry for the rant :(

The ball bearing units are great !! they sell like hot cakes .... although i want to try a 6235 on a dsm and see how well it works. I think it will be an interesting test

Im shooting for around 600... im waiting on a bunch of jmfab stuff yet, so maybe 3 weeks or so till its running again.

Jon, let us know how you make out when the time comes. I don't know if you follow the 14b drag racing thread, but I'm going to running that turbo this year at the track, the 6262 is just a turbo I want to try out really bad, so I won't be on my 6262 till I meet my 14g goals. Is your profile up to date?

crazyquik22023: I saw you're running a 6262 on a GS-T, any video's? how's the transit (gear changes) response? Also, is your profile current?

Jon, let us know how you make out when the time comes. I don't know if you follow the 14b drag racing thread, but I'm going to running that turbo this year at the track, the 6262 is just a turbo I want to try out really bad, so I won't be on my 6262 till I meet my 14g goals. Is your profile up to date?

crazyquik22023: I saw you're running a 6262 on a GS-T, any video's? how's the transit (gear changes) response? Also, is your profile current?

My JMF parts should all be in by the end of next week.. I can finish up my build at that time if time permits. No, I haven't followed that one, I know some years ago people were hauling some serious ass on the 14b. No, my profile hasn't been updated in some time.. Mods are

Eagle/JE Combo
Extensive Porting
BC Springs/Retainers
+1mm Ferra Valves
280's
SBR Race FMIC
Dual 255's, -8 feed, Aeromotive -8 rail, Aeromotive Regulator
BM 1550's
JMF SMIM
JMF T3 Mani
Tial MVR
DBB 6262
COP
e85
V3 Link

Lots and lots of other odds and ends, but that's just the basic engine and fuel setup.

Sounds like you've got a pretty solid setup going. I'm just curious though, why BC single springs with the 280 cams? What 280 cams are you running? (if your willing to share)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back