The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

PSN Hacked

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I heard Xbox live is offering a free membership trial as a way of adding insult to injury on Playstation Network and persuading PSN members to switch. Just a rumor I heard, could easily be false

Hey, guess what? There's this thing called PC gaming.. and if you're playing first person shooters in any other way, you're wrong. Best part is - YOU ALREADY HAVE THE SYSTEM TO DO IT! Win/win situation!

I heard Xbox live is offering a free membership trial as a way of adding insult to injury on Playstation Network and persuading PSN members to switch. Just a rumor I heard, could easily be false

Googled it, didn't find anything.

Hey, guess what? There's this thing called PC gaming.. and if you're playing first person shooters in any other way, you're wrong. Best part is - YOU ALREADY HAVE THE SYSTEM TO DO IT! Win/win situation!

Yeah, after 2 years, slows down the "gaming" computer that you paid $1500 for.

One question. Why are we talking about Playstation Network on a DSM forum? Yea I own a PS3 and was upset about it being shut down but its been good for me! The first day of it being out I beat one of my games I bought a few weeks ago the past 2 days I've been working on my DSM (after work and this morning's service of course). I honestly am glad it happened gave me time to have fun working on my pride and joy.

One question. Why are we talking about Playstation Network on a DSM forum? Yea I own a PS3 and was upset about it being shut down but its been good for me! The first day of it being out I beat one of my games I bought a few weeks ago the past 2 days I've been working on my DSM (after work and this morning's service of course). I honestly am glad it happened gave me time to have fun working on my pride and joy.

Why are you taking time to read this thread then?

I didn't read everyones assumptions as to what happen so if someone already said this my bad, but....

Anonymous (supposedly) did this because of the two people that Sony sued due to their involvement with the creation and distribution of the "jailbreaking" software for PS3's. They got pissed at Sony for pulling that bullshit so this is their payback. I find it very sad that Sony isn't competent enough to deal with this situation.

Please don't turn this into a 360 vs. PS3 thread or PC > all thread.

I didn't read everyones assumptions as to what happen so if someone already said this my bad, but....

Anonymous (supposedly) did this because of the two people that Sony sued due to their involvement with the creation and distribution of the "jailbreaking" software for PS3's. They got pissed at Sony for pulling that bullshit so this is their payback. I find it very sad that Sony isn't competent enough to deal with this situation.

Please don't turn this into a 360 vs. PS3 thread or PC > all thread.

You got it.

This is the "Hangout" Section for a reason.

When you join xbox live you automatically get a month free, I've had xbox for my account for over 6 years, and done a few accounts recently for my nephews, friends and you always get a month free.

You need a credit card to sign up but they won't charge you the first month. If after that month you still want to be a member then they charge you if not you can automatically cancel from your own xbox or xbox.com.

Honestly even though is a paid service through xbox, they offer good service. And even though people hack the crap out of it they always maintain their servers running and up-to-date. $60/year we throw that out all the time in our cars and if you enjoy playing occasionally worth it IMO. But to each their own.

Good luck to all you with the PS3 and hope you server gets running soon.:thumb:

I don't have the link but just found out some interesting facts....anonymous didn't shut down PSN, they just hacked into it during the last update. Sony is the one the actually pulled the plug on PSN. They're saying it's to "update software" etc but for all we know it's just to make anonymous look like the bad guys.
Because seriously, unless they are updated their equipment to military, CIA FBI stuff, it's still not going to be hack proof.
While it is a free service, it still pisses me off greatly that it's down. I play with my boss and friends from other states as a way to keep in touch with them. Just talking on the phone is pretty weird nowadays haha

I don't have the link but just found out some interesting facts....anonymous didn't shut down PSN, they just hacked into it during the last update. Sony is the one the actually pulled the plug on PSN. They're saying it's to "update software" etc but for all we know it's just to make anonymous look like the bad guys.
Because seriously, unless they are updated their equipment to military, CIA FBI stuff, it's still not going to be hack proof.
While it is a free service, it still pisses me off greatly that it's down. I play with my boss and friends from other states as a way to keep in touch with them. Just talking on the phone is pretty weird nowadays haha

Bit contradicting, huh?

I thought this was hilarious. I'm not a big sony fan (haven't owned a single sony branded device, headphones, etc since the original PS2 was made), so I find this pretty amusing to watch. All their blog fan boys are freaking out because they have to find something else to do for a couple days.

I hope whoever did it does it again just to laugh at their security.

I have both consoles, as well as a gaming pc. Out of all I enjoy the PS3 the most. I find it funny how the 360 fan boys say "this is why having dedicated servers and a service we pay for is worth it" when I have seen Live be down for hours, even days at a time.

I have noticed that on PSN there is usually a more mature environment than on Live.

I didn't read all the post's but I had to chime in..PSN has been down since Thursday.I had to play the campaign..Got that beat Friday night..SO for the last couple days I've had to play madden..Just checked earlier today, PSN is not back up..Anonymous is claiming they had nothing to do with this attack..But I'm pretty sure they had something to do with the hack at the beginning of the month..Yes PSN has been hacked twice in one month..But this time it's apparently serious..

I guess you get what you don't pay for..Xbox guys will love that comment..But it's really true..Half my friends have xbox, and half have ps3..Xbox doesn't have nearly as many problems as ps3 does..Online playing only tho..

I have both consoles, as well as a gaming pc. Out of all I enjoy the PS3 the most. I find it funny how the 360 fan boys say "this is why having dedicated servers and a service we pay for is worth it" when I have seen Live be down for hours, even days at a time.

I have noticed that on PSN there is usually a more mature environment than on Live.

I'd like to start off by saying that I own a 360 and not a PS3 and while I have a bias against PS3 I will try and be as objective as possible.

Last year Xbox Live was under service and unplayable for 3 days, Microsoft does refund you for lost time even though they don't tell you( check your subscription date and you'll see)

As for having to pay for xbox live I honestly feel that it is a more refined and polished system than PSN. One thing that does piss me off is when PSN users say they shouldn't have to pay for online, well at 50 dollars a YEAR, thats less than one game...quit bitching.

What it comes down to is what kind of games and entertainment your looking for. Xbox 360 is more of a First Person Shooter console, even the controllers are designed for it. PS3's do have games like Killzone and Resistance but they are not on the same caliber of 360 FPS's. PS3's IMO are more geared towards sports games and other non FPS.

As for PSN being down due to updates and not being hacked I call bullshit. Sony is more than likely just trying to keep themselves from looking incompetent. If my memory serves me correctly no update of this size has ever been performed or implemented without prior notice to its users whether it be Microsoft for Xbox Live, Sony for Playstation Network or Nintendo for whatever the hell the Wii uses.

Googled it, didn't find anything.

Yeah, after 2 years, slows down the "gaming" computer that you paid $1500 for.

That was a valid argument about 10 years ago... however, two years ago I dropped about $300 on a new motherboard with decent onboard video, 4 gigs of 1ghz RAM, and an AMD Phenom 9950. I still get 60 FPS in whatever game I play. Where is your argument now??? I paid less than the cost of a stupid console. My machine actually *makes* me money through programming/schooling/hardware and I can use it for more than just games.

If it's down for 30 days I will be re buying a xbox. Plus I will be buying a crap ton of PS3's when they are flooding the market.

If it's down for 30 days I will laugh so hard. I think I'm getting way more joy out of this than I should be, but just thinking about it brings me to tears laughing.

thank god i go out and do other stuff than play video games all day i was wondering why my ps3 wouldnt sign me in though but i mainly use it for netflix and blue ray looks like im gonna be redoing the wiring on my car tomorrow unless its raining

next computer nerd I see I'm going to punch him in the ball sack.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back