The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Prothane Mount Inserts (good or Bad)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomills516

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2011
New York, New_York
Just found out that my mounts are no good and at first i was thinking of buying brand new OEM mounts but with my set up a friend insisted that i get Prothane Inserts has anyone used these.

Second question if i do decide to get these inserts should use them on all 4 mounts???:banghead:

Nothing wrong with Prothane mounts.:) Just be aware that two out of four are just an inserts and if the stock mount is really tore up you will have to get a new mount so that when the inserts are added it is going to hold up.;) The front and back mounts are like that, so if they're really bad they will need replaced. The side ones on the engine and tranny replace the whole mount. I would do all four.

If you buy the kit from extremepsi, the front and rear roll stops are just the piece you insert into your stock mounts which suck. The tranny mount and motor mount by the t-belt are good, which I use. You need a press to use them. I just swapped from those bad inserts to real pressed in prothanes that someone on here makes, made a big difference.

I would do all four, the polyurethane set comes with four bushings two complete bushings for the left and right of the engine and two inserts the working with the oem bushings by filling in the holes... So eaither way your going to have to buy the front and rear oem bushings...

Like stated before, if your stock front and rear mounts are shot, you will need new ones. So you might as well but the real poly mounts for the front and rear off the member on here that sells them. They aren't just little inserts that pop into existing mounts, they replace the stock mount and make it perform a lot better.

I replaced all 4 mounts with the avid racing mounts, wasn't sure about spending that much on mounts at first but glad I did now. If are willing to spend the money that's what I would recommend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back