The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ProSport MBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello I recently purchased the following MBC from craigslist

Prosport Manual Boost Controller with ceramic ball-Blue

and I hook it up but with it adjust all the way out my car will still not boost over 10psi. Anyone had any luck with these things.

I have this MBC and the only issue I had with it was that I installed it backwards the first time so I was boosting through the roof. How do you have it hooked up?

The Side with the print is going to the MAF and the other end goes to WG

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have no t or anything I noticed when I changed it this way it seemed to boost creep which I hit fuel cut and the gauge was reading like 19 psi which scares the crap out of me the car is pretty much stock besides a boost gauge mbc and a flow master muffler. I turned it down to what seemed to be around 12psi. but it seemed to creep to about 15psi.

It's hooked up wrong. You want to have one end (don't remember which, refer to the little booklet that came with your MBC) hooked up to the WG and the other end to the pressure source on the turbo.

Like this:

I got that picture from brute at this link which you should look at for information about MBC's.

Well I don't have a place on the actual turbo for a hose it is
totally stock beside boost gauge and mbc. It's a 14b turbo. I bought the mbc from a guy on Craigslist so no booklet for the instructions.

I believe the switch I made fixed it I can easily hit 15 psi now just hope it don't hurt any thing.

Well I don't have a place on the actual turbo for a hose it is
totally stock beside boost gauge and mbc. It's a 14b turbo. I bought the mbc from a guy on Craigslist so no booklet for the instructions.

I believe the switch I made fixed it I can easily hit 15 psi now just hope it don't hurt any thing.

There's a pressure source on your turbo outlet pipe (going to side mount intercooler) that you can hook it up to...same concept. Pressure source>boost controller>w/g actuator.

Can you draw a schematic showing exactly how you have everything hooked up (what your source is, where it hooks up, etc.).

Have you done a boost leak test to ensure everything is sealed up?

The end inside the square goes to the wastegate. I just went outside to double check mine.

Your controller is hooked up backwards.

Yep, let us know if it your boost is uncontrollable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back