The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

ProSport Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i just got a set of these.. looking at the directions, its telling me to wire the orange wire to the parking lamp. im guessing they mean the headlights? so when the headlights are on they change to amber correct me if im wrong?

i just got a set of these.. looking at the directions, its telling me to wire the orange wire to the parking lamp. im guessing they mean the headlights? so when the headlights are on they change to amber correct me if im wrong?
Sure, you can do that too if you like. Normally, you wire them up to the parking lights though.

Is anyone using the Prosport boost gauge with higher boost? Is it still accurate?

I just tapped into the cigarette lighter light, not sure if that is right and that is why I am asking aswell. Since I have the blue gauges there should not be a diff. between when the lights are on or off, right?

WTF are parking lights though? dash lights=parking lights?
Correct. Parking lights include your front side marker, rear parking lights, and instrument cluster lights. Your headlights come on with one more flick of the wrist. Are you new to cars?

Just talked to prosport and with the blue gauges they say its not even nessesary to hook up that wire.
That is correct, but that also means that you will show blue lights the entire time your car is on and may be harder to see during the day...red is, although red is a darker color than blue.

How hard was it to install these? I have electric boost, electric oil pressure, and an EGT. I also have a gauge pod from Lotek to put them in the A-pillar. When I'm installing the gauges do I have to pull the whole dash, or what am I lookin at to do? I don't want to get these professionally installed because of the rediculous hourly costs. If anyone has experience of putting gauges in at all could you help me out on here cause I'm lost haha? Thanks!

Dan

The ones with amber can be either amber or white. Looking at the site, it only shows "Performance Gauges (Blue)", where the amber and green show "Performance Gauges (Amber/White)", " WRX Green/White Gauges-" respectively, so I guess you're stuck with just blue. It seems you're correct about the blue gauges not having a white light option.

How hard was it to install these? I have electric boost, electric oil pressure, and an EGT. I also have a gauge pod from Lotek to put them in the A-pillar. When I'm installing the gauges do I have to pull the whole dash, or what am I lookin at to do? I don't want to get these professionally installed because of the rediculous hourly costs. If anyone has experience of putting gauges in at all could you help me out on here cause I'm lost haha? Thanks!

Dan
These gauges aren't difficult to install as with any other brand gauge.
The EGT is the toughest because you'll have to have a bung tapped into the e-manifold and there's plenty of how-tos on that.
No, you won't have to remove the dash to mount the gauges on the A-pillar either. Removing the panels under the dash and will help though.
I'm not trying to bash you bro, but if you're lost, it might be wise to get it installed professionally. That depends on what you mean by "lost" though. If you're lost electrically, go pro. If you mean that you don't know who to route the wires...it's easier than you think, you can do it.

Hardly. I've never heard the term parking lamps though. Auxillary Lights,Driving Lights,Dash Lights and Side Marker Lights. There are more, but never parking lights.
Sorry bro, I wasn't trying to be an ass. That was a sincere question. After all, DSM owners are getting younger since the cars themselves are getting older and cheaper to buy.
Those terms also have different meanings to me too.
Auxiliary lights are "add on" lights like extra foglights or those "KC" lights or light bars that you find on the top of off road trucks.
Driving lights = referred to as the highbeams on low power that are used during the day or foglights. Both used for better visibility for on coming traffic (these won't light the road up during the day). GMs have these and a lot of newer cars now too. They are the only exterior lights that are on during the day.
Dash lights = dash lights
Side marker lights = those are lights found on the back of the front fender like those on BMWs, Audis, VW..you get the idea.

So, yeah, I was referring to the setting that your turn on right before the headlights come on. You can set the red/green light to come on with only the headlights, but most use the "parking lights" because they are the easiest to find and that's usually what the instructions state to use too. I'm not saying that you can't use that instead.
Regardless, it sounds like you are wiring it up the default way. We're just using different terminology.
No worries, you're on the right track.:thumb:

I love these gauges!!! They're alot better than my autometer c2 gauges, and they match real good. I have a question though, when I had my autometer gauges hooked up and was reading about 14.5 psi. When I switched to the prosport, I was only reading 13 psi. I do know that the vacuum hose is the prosport is thicker. I'm pretty sure thats the reason why its only reading 13 psi. Does/did anyone else notice this difference?

I love these gauges!!! They're alot better than my autometer c2 gauges, and they match real good. I have a question though, when I had my autometer gauges hooked up and was reading about 14.5 psi. When I switched to the prosport, I was only reading 13 psi. I do know that the vacuum hose is the prosport is thicker. I'm pretty sure thats the reason why its only reading 13 psi. Does/did anyone else notice this difference?
What does it show at idle? If you show lower that you did before (more towards 0 not -20), then you may have gotten a gauge that was bumped around and may have lost it's caliberation.

What does it show at idle? If you show lower that you did before (more towards 0 not -20), then you may have gotten a gauge that was bumped around and may have lost it's caliberation.

My idle shows 20. So thats normal. And when the car is off it shows 0. But wouldn't it be the reason because the hose is thicker that it won't read as high? I thought it was common sense, but now I don't know.

My idle shows 20. So thats normal. And when the car is off it shows 0. But wouldn't it be the reason because the hose is thicker that it won't read as high? I thought it was common sense, but now I don't know.
I don't know. I wouldn't think so. Once the lines are pressurized, they're pressurized. It's not like water in a hose. The air hits a wall at the end. That pressure is what's measured, not the flow, the pressure. Sure, there's more tube to travel in but will it cause a lbs worth of loss? I've used both the hard tiny lines and the larger rubber lines and the only difference that I noticed didn't even relate to pressure. The harder plastic lines bent too easily.

I don't know. I wouldn't think so. Once the lines are pressurized, they're pressurized. It's not like water in a hose. The air hits a wall at the end. That pressure is what's measured, not the flow, the pressure. Sure, there's more tube to travel in but will it cause a lbs worth of loss? I've used both the hard tiny lines and the larger rubber lines and the only difference that I noticed didn't even relate to pressure. The harder plastic lines bent too easily.

Hmmm, see I was thinking of it as like water in a hose....maybe my autometer one was inaccurate? I guess there's only one way to find out.....I'm not sure how haha. buy an ebc?

I think the mighty vac that I had would be able to do that, but too bad I returned it. How would I compare it though, wouldn't the car have to be wot to see what psi its running at?

I installed a prosport electric boost and oil pressure gauges. It seems that the lighting doesn't quite work right. If I turn the lights on, they go from white to amber, which is good. If I turn my cruise on, they go back to white...Also if I start the car with the lights on, they will stay white and not turn to amber even if I shut the lights off and turn them back on. Anybody else having similar problems? I have them hooked up to the green and white wire and the cig. lighter for the lighting wires.

I installed a prosport electric boost and oil pressure gauges. It seems that the lighting doesn't quite work right. If I turn the lights on, they go from white to amber, which is good. If I turn my cruise on, they go back to white...Also if I start the car with the lights on, they will stay white and not turn to amber even if I shut the lights off and turn them back on. Anybody else having similar problems? I have them hooked up to the green and white wire and the cig. lighter for the lighting wires.
I get the same symptoms except the cruise issue. I don't think that's a malfunction, but just how it works (the last parts, not the cruise part). You may have a power issue there.

I've never started my cars with the lights on first, but I've had my car die on me and the gauges turned back to the white light. I think it's that loss of power for that split second that resets the lighting...the lighting circuit "sees" that the parking lights have been turned off and goes into white light mode, just like if you had the parking lights on and then turned them off.

So, for your cruise issue...wire up the amber lighting to something else before the dimmer switch. Again, the last issues aren't a malfunction but a normal function. No, it's not supposed to happen, but that fraction of a second where the parking lights dim cause it to go back to white light.

Is there a way to hook up the amber/white gauges to a switch to change the colors? instead of having it controlled by the lights?
Would it work to run the one wire to a power source with a switch in between?

Is there a way to hook up the amber/white gauges to a switch to change the colors? instead of having it controlled by the lights?
Would it work to run the one wire to a power source with a switch in between?
You can wire up the amber switching wire to a switch to turn the amber lighting on and off. I don't see why you can't if you're doing it for some sort of show lighting.

You can wire up the amber switching wire to a switch to turn the amber lighting on and off. I don't see why you can't if you're doing it for some sort of show lighting.

Not show lighting... was just looking to do it so I could control the color without having to turn the lights on/off.

So would I run the amber switching wire to a switch and then to a power source?

I just bought a set of these for my 1g just curious about which color you can see better in the day time. I bought the amber/white guages. Boost, oil press, and water temp. I was also curious of how to wire them up i mean i know that if i want the amber at night i hook the orange wire to the dimmer but, where would i hook up the white wire for the daytime with the lights off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back