The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Projector Retrofit? No Problem! Answer Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ones on the left are the G3, the ones on the right are the G1.

The G1 has the PROPER cut off. The G3 does NOT. A proper cut off is STRAIGHT or straight with a step pu then straight again. The G3's goes straight, then slants up then continues to slant up.

You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to these projectors, nor does even that owner of that website.
And the link you provided claims the one on the right isn't that good of quality but three other sites say its good quality.
Which one? I've provided more than one link, more around 4.

There is not one website bashing the "115 one as you call it" in a largely negative way. They still state that it's light output is far more than halogen, yet not as wide as a beam as say a bosh or valeo projector (OEM for some cars).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c118e3a92
The exact same from your website... Still cheaper.

Read the instructions! Read everything I just read please. Guys seriously just open your eyes and read! 92-94 headlights are NO different from Honda Accords, or Lexus ES300 Headlights. They all take 9005/9006 Bulbs. So what is the malfunction of everyone understanding this? READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! READ WHAT I SAID! It is not alot of work, infact if I had a set right now I could have them installed and wired up in less than an Hour.

Uhm, yes they do! How can you not figure it out? Who cares if its bi xenon or not? Just because 1gb, 2ga 2gb cars use single beam headlights doesn't mean you cannot install bi Xenon Headlights. People do it allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll The time!

Its all plug n play. 9005/9006 WILL WORK INSIDE 1GB, 2GA, 2GB, TOYOTA CAMRY, LEXUS ES300, HONDA ACCORDS, ANY VEHICLE ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET THAT USES THOSE BULBS! ITS A DIRECT SWAP IN AND YOU JUST HAVE TO WIRE IT UP!

Now, I'm going to explain this again in a calm manor. These retrofit kits are designed to be plug n play with BULB APPLICATIONS. Not Headlights, not talons, not DSM's. They are made Bulb Specific. So with that said, 1gb, 2ga, 2gb DSM's use 9005/9006 Headlight Bulbs. What you or I would do is order a 9005/9006 Kit. You open the headlight like you would do any ordinary retrofit or any headlight modification. Its very easy, a few minutes in an oven at 250 degrees. Seperate the lens. Then take out the bulbs and covers. After you do that you install the Retrofit Housings and tighten them down (they slip right into the bulb socket!), you install the lens back, wire up the HID's and if you want wire up the bi-Xenon wires to the high beams so you have extra high beam. Install the headlight and your DONE!

***IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WIRE IN THE BI XENON CONTROLLER, DONT! LEAVE IT SINGLE BEAM AND SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF TROUBLE AND BRAIN TUMORS FROM TRYING TO CONTEMPLATE THE CONCEPT OF T TAPPING TWO WIRES.

Problem Solved! Anyone wants to donate 235 bucks to prove me wrong or argue with me anymore? I don't get how people can argue with me about this, I gave all the self explanatory information and its just mind boggling nobody is getting it.

BTW, that Integra I posted earlier uses 9005/9006 bulbs, SAME AS DSM's. So thats enough proof.

ok thats great, i know 92-94 headlights have those 9005/9006 bulbs, that wasnt my question though, the 92-94 headlights have limited amount of space in the headlight and i sure as hell dont see those projectors fitting in that housing. and if they do, the only way i see of getting them in is by modifying the housing to make them fit. id like to see a pair in the 92-94 style headlights, these kits are not vehicle specific, they are bulb style specific. :hmm:

...these kits are not vehicle specific, they are bulb style specific. :hmm:

thats a great point you make there...im always a little hesitant until i see pictures of people that are willing to take more risk than me. Someone always has to be the guinea pig :hmm:

I just looked at a couple install threads for these exact kits for installing in headlights with less room tan the DSM's. Including toyota Camry, Honda Accord and even an Acura TSX.

Morph is right about the cutoff but it looks like people are modifying them with real cutoff sheilds and even better optics and crap like that.

Retro Solutions Bi-Xenon Install/Instructions (56k no way) - V6 Performance.net Forums
Retro-Solutions, LLC | Facebook
Honda-Tech - View Single Post - DIY BiXenon Projector Retrofit Kits, LIFETIME WARRANTY
just another wire tuck.... - Page 29 - Honda-Tech
And someone talks about doing the ECE to DOT HID Projector Mod here:
Pro-look Bi-Xenon Retrofit under $250 and easy DIY as PnP - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
Cutoff customization
The stock G3 kit come with an ugly (IMO) slope cutoff. In order to get a more common (and better, again, IMO) step cutoff, you will have to mod the cutoff shield. If you can get a G3 kit with the shield already modified, you can skip this step, but if you got the stock G3 kit, I highly recommend you mod the shield. For your information this is the stock G3 cutoff.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Modified Cutoff:

Honestly there will be no issues installing these into a 92-94. I have 200 dollar headlights on my 94 Eagle Talon. You can see they made the housing kinda oval shaped so it fits in small spaces. Hell ive even seen these installed in Acura Integra's, Replacing the OEM Stock Projectors with these. You should know Integra's have less room than 1gb DSM's.

I'm gonna do it to my 1gb and modify the cutoff.

Just try to get measurements before you do. I know for a fact the G1's will fit since they are considerably smaller. Not so sure about the G3 though, it's length is about 1-2 inches deeper. I used to have a set of the clear 1gb headlights laying around, until I gave them to a friend.

The last link I posted has exact measurements. 3.4" Tall and 4" Wide. I just measured my After market Headlights and came up with 3.5-3.6" Tall and 4.5-5" Wide. More than enough room.

Apparently I'm coming in contact with alot of people that have modified the retrofit kits, both G1 and G3. Different Lenses, Modified cutoff plates. I guess the S2K Lenses are like the best for the widest angle.

I cannot wait to do the Talon.

I can't see paying that amount of money on just a projector kit. Why just buy some aftermarket headlights projector and buy a HID kit for the low beam. I think my set up looks just as good and good just as good. I know I paid half the cost of those with new headlights!:D

Looks like it's on crack.

You mean ebay ones? That have like no cut off?

+1 hahah, The ones that have less light output than my cell phones screen.... I had a set once. MUST DO A RETROFIT OR FAIL! They have cut off lines, They just don't have any real light output.

streetlegends, Were talking about REAL headlights here. Not Cheap Shit! :ohdamn: Ebay headlights pertains to the "you get what you pay for". Hell even my 180 dollar headlights have cheap light output without using HID's. I've had numerous sets of the Ebay Headlights. They have almost 0 light output, Which is why you see everyone that has Ebay headlights running the high beams all the time.

The headlights were discussing is what real high end cars use. D2S HID's with BiXenon Projector Housings. Stuff you see in High Dollar Cars.

Morpherex says that stuff is cheap but I've never seen parts for doing real retrofits to be cheap. But I'm taking his word on it.

People do retrofits for a reason. Not to be different, but for real light output, professional light output

Morpherex, is that on your car or someone else's? Hows the lighting? Cutoff? So On? Are they BiXenon or Single? As much as thats cool, I still dislike the 1ga headlights, they lift too high. I'd have to do some sort of retrofit for them so they only lift half way. I have a set of fogs on my talon that would OWN inside 1ga headlights for low rise (aka sleepy eye) setups. LOL I have 6000k HID's inside of them and they own my Talons Low Beams.

This picture consists of Both Low Beams containing Silverstar 9006 Bulbs. Left Fog Light is Unplugged, Right is Pluged in and contains a H3 6000k HID bulb :)

+1 hahah, The ones that have less light output than my cell phones screen.... I had a set once. MUST DO A RETROFIT OR FAIL! They have cut off lines, They just don't have any real light output.

streetlegends, Were talking about REAL headlights here. Not Cheap Shit! :ohdamn: Ebay headlights pertains to the "you get what you pay for". Hell even my 180 dollar headlights have cheap light output without using HID's. I've had numerous sets of the Ebay Headlights. They have almost 0 light output, Which is why you see everyone that has Ebay headlights running the high beams all the time.

The headlights were discussing is what real high end cars use. D2S HID's with BiXenon Projector Housings. Stuff you see in High Dollar Cars.

Morpherex says that stuff is cheap but I've never seen parts for doing real retrofits to be cheap. But I'm taking his word on it.

People do retrofits for a reason. Not to be different, but for real light output, professional light output

Morpherex, is that on your car or someone else's? Hows the lighting? Cutoff? So On? Are they BiXenon or Single? As much as thats cool, I still dislike the 1ga headlights, they lift too high. I'd have to do some sort of retrofit for them so they only lift half way. I have a set of fogs on my talon that would OWN inside 1ga headlights for low rise (aka sleepy eye) setups. LOL I have 6000k HID's inside of them and they own my Talons Low Beams.

This picture consists of Both Low Beams containing Silverstar 9006 Bulbs. Left Fog Light is Unplugged, Right is Pluged in and contains a H3 6000k HID bulb :)

It's lows only. More pictures at Simple Gallery

The light output is decent. Much better than halogen, but still not as bright as say a bmw, audi, etc. Cut-off could be a little better but it's still pretty sharp. The picture of it on the garage door is from the car about 14 feet away? Now that they have Morimoto Mini's out I might try to somehow fit a set of those in a different set... I have doubts it'll fit tho.

I am pleased with the Pegasus Jr lights tho. They're affordable for someone that doesn't want to take the time to try to even fit a projector into 4x6 housings. DSM's in general have piss poor lighting from factory. Anything after market is better LOL.

Last edited:
EDIT, NEvermind I read your post wrong. Thought you were commenting my HID Fogs Pic saying the light was decent. I was like Whaaaa? Everyone freaks on my fogs, they could be used as low beams easily! LOL I have them somewhat pointing down, your supposed to align them so they are level with the car, but since the HID's I put them at a downward angle, but not much. They reach out further than the low beams.

Money is my issue! Still wanna try it on my new DSM. But money is an issue. I have more important things to do right now.

and the bulbs are D2S ofcourse. They are real HID's not a Conversion kit. No real HID Bulb is H4 or 9006. They are D2R or D2S.

Yea, same here. Moneys going towards better things right now. I want to try them when I can though.

And the bulbs didn't look like D2S that's why I didn't mention them. It looks like a PnP HID where the cords come straight out of the bulb. Where real D2S is a connection at the end of the bulb.

Idk, guess I'll find out someway

Yea, same here. Moneys going towards better things right now. I want to try them when I can though.

And the bulbs didn't look like D2S that's why I didn't mention them. It looks like a PnP HID where the cords come straight out of the bulb. Where real D2S is a connection at the end of the bulb.

Idk, guess I'll find out someway

Retrofit Source sells Mini Projectors that take D2S bulbs now:
Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini (D2S) - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source LLC

I've done a couple retros on my car and I'm now working on retro number 3.

I say scrap all them fancy headlights and buy some parts for what's under the hood

Blured, I like those but does the size really matter? Even 1gb headlights have lots of space in them.

Anyway, thanks. I think I'm going to order a set of those right now.

I say scrap all them fancy headlights and buy some parts for what's under the hood

What's the point of spending money under the hood if I'm going to hit a moose on the highway?
Where I live there are ZERO street lamps on the highway and there's not even many in town so I need to be able to see what's on the road. This is why I have a retro on my car.

Blured, I like those but does the size really matter? Even 1gb headlights have lots of space in them.

Anyway, thanks. I think I'm going to order a set of those right now.

The physical size is an issue yes. I know that the Mini D2S should fit in both 2Ga and 2Gb headlights but I'm not sure if the will fit in 1G lights.

The Minis are pretty damn good, they blow the TSX out of the water (which isn't hard cause TSX projectors suck in my mind anyhow) and have a high beam (Bi-Xenon). I'd say they are on par with FX-R projectors which I use to have on my car.
Stepping up to TLs now because they are wider and have a better high beam.

I've matched up some large Porsche Bi Xenon Projectors to my 1gb headlights and I know for a fact they would fit.

But if you say those Mini's are pretty damn awesome I really think I'll get a set, 300 bucks can't go wrong!

I've got no personal experience with the Mini D2S but from the retro forums I'm on, they are very popular. They are much easier to install then a normal retro.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back