The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Projector Retrofit? No Problem! Answer Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
I just found this on HondaTech when looking up info for my JDM Fogs. But Its perfect for this site. This company designs REAL Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit kits for headlights. Not like what we do with cutting and drilling and hacking, Its a housing they designed to fit into the stock headlight bulb socket and screw in. When all is said and done, all you do is heat up the headlights, separate them, put the new housing in, tighten it down, put the headlight lens back on, wire them up, bolt the headlights down and your done! No hacking required, no molding required!

I'm going to order one for the Civic first, and if all is how it seems, I'll order one for the Talon. I can't get over how easy this company makes it. Even the most simple minded person, someone that can't even put a puzzle together, can acomplish real Projector HID's.

Order Here:
Results for Retrofit/Projectors

Pictures:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not Bad for real Bi Xenon Install Kit that looks soo pleasing, only $230-250!

RetrofitSource has good stuff. I retro'd my 2ga headlights with the FX35 bi-xenons and 4300k d2s HIDs and they are great! It took a little work as it was my first time, but worth it.

RetrofitSource has good stuff. I retro'd my 2ga headlights with the FX35 bi-xenons and 4300k d2s HIDs and they are great! It took a little work as it was my first time, but worth it.

Yeah but thats not the point... You actually had to work at it. This is an entire kit designed to install in your headlight! The retrofitting you did and what we've all been doing is called retrofitting for a reason, cause were fitting lenses that don't belong inside our headlights. Those kits come Headlight specific. All you do is separate your headlights, and screw in the Bi-Xenon housing they designed for that headlight, put the headlight together, plug up the wires (adapted for your harness) and your done. No cutting, drilling required.

RetrofitSource is specifically designed to supply people with the parts. The other kit is designed for plug and play use.

I was looking at these a while back, but I dont think these will fit in the aftermarket H4 housings for 1Ga's. Too deep... I still want to give it a try though.

I was looking at these a while back, but I dont think these will fit in the aftermarket H4 housings for 1Ga's. Too deep... I still want to give it a try though.

They wont. And FIY Pegasus Jr. is coming to DSM's.

Yeah I don't think they will fit those kind. But No doubt they will fit 1gb on up.

Here's a guy that did this kit to his Integra.

Only difference here is he retrofitted the retrofit kit. Cause his car came with Projectors from the factory, he ordered a D2S Bi Xenon Kit and cut out his old projector and fit this one in. Since its like 700 bucks at the very minimum, cheaper than any other retrofit that requires you to cut and drill and mod shit. If I had the money right now my talon would be done!

Pegasus Jr. ?

Yeah I don't think they will fit those kind. But No doubt they will fit 1gb on up.

Here's a guy that did this kit to his Integra.

Only difference here is he retrofitted the retrofit kit. Cause his car came with Projectors from the factory, he ordered a D2S Bi Xenon Kit and cut out his old projector and fit this one in. Since its like 700 bucks at the very minimum, cheaper than any other retrofit that requires you to cut and drill and mod shit. If I had the money right now my talon would be done!

Pegasus Jr. ?
This is Pegasus (7x6 housing)...

I just received them today, here's some pictures of them next to the MR2's headlights.
Simple Gallery

I'll get some pictures of the cut-off tomorrow maybe. It's only low beams, no high beams. It doesn't look too hard though to swap in something from retrofit-source. Brackets would have to be fabb'd up. That is if you can't stand not having brights.

Last edited:
I can't find anything for a 2gB on that website! GAHH!! :banghead:

Really, so you two don't know that you have 9006 Low Beam Bulbs? :notgood: How is that soo hard to find? Here's the link to your kit right here. This will work for any 9005/9006 Headlight, AKA 1gB, 2gA, 2gB, Toyota Camry, Lexus ES300 (non HID), Honda Accords, Any vehicle on the face of this blue/green planet that uses a 9005/9006 bulb:
9006 9005 Bixenon projector system, complete
So whats the problem?

Anyone else have issues reading? Here's the list of different kits based off of Bulb.

I requested from RetroSolutions if they have any install photos to prove how simple the task is.

Its exactly what I was expecting.

OMG heaven forbid i misread some information....thanks for the follow up. Im sure there are many members here looking forward to install(ed) pictures.

so these will fit a 1992-1994 eclipse ? anyone got pics of them on a 1g, seems like alot of work to get these to fit a 92-94 headlight

Really, so you two don't know that you have 9006 Low Beam Bulbs? :notgood: How is that soo hard to find? Here's the link to your kit right here. This will work for any 9005/9006 Headlight, AKA 1gB, 2gA, 2gB, Toyota Camry, Lexus ES300 (non HID), Honda Accords, Any vehicle on the face of this blue/green planet that uses a 9005/9006 bulb:
9006 9005 Bixenon projector system, complete
So whats the problem?

Anyone else have issues reading? Here's the list of different kits based off of Bulb.

I requested from RetroSolutions if they have any install photos to prove how simple the task is.

Its exactly what I was expecting.
I'm pretty sure that's for the bi-xenon kit.. As far as I know they don't make any plug in play for SINGLE.

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 530
so these will fit a 1992-1994 eclipse ? anyone got pics of them on a 1g, seems like alot of work to get these to fit a 92-94 headlight
Read the instructions! Read everything I just read please. Guys seriously just open your eyes and read! 92-94 headlights are NO different from Honda Accords, or Lexus ES300 Headlights. They all take 9005/9006 Bulbs. So what is the malfunction of everyone understanding this? READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! READ WHAT I SAID! It is not alot of work, infact if I had a set right now I could have them installed and wired up in less than an Hour.
I'm pretty sure that's for the bi-xenon kit.. As far as I know they don't make any plug in play for SINGLE.

Uhm, yes they do! How can you not figure it out? Who cares if its bi xenon or not? Just because 1gb, 2ga 2gb cars use single beam headlights doesn't mean you cannot install bi Xenon Headlights. People do it allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll The time!

Its all plug n play. 9005/9006 WILL WORK INSIDE 1GB, 2GA, 2GB, TOYOTA CAMRY, LEXUS ES300, HONDA ACCORDS, ANY VEHICLE ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET THAT USES THOSE BULBS! ITS A DIRECT SWAP IN AND YOU JUST HAVE TO WIRE IT UP!

Now, I'm going to explain this again in a calm manor. These retrofit kits are designed to be plug n play with BULB APPLICATIONS. Not Headlights, not talons, not DSM's. They are made Bulb Specific. So with that said, 1gb, 2ga, 2gb DSM's use 9005/9006 Headlight Bulbs. What you or I would do is order a 9005/9006 Kit. You open the headlight like you would do any ordinary retrofit or any headlight modification. Its very easy, a few minutes in an oven at 250 degrees. Seperate the lens. Then take out the bulbs and covers. After you do that you install the Retrofit Housings and tighten them down (they slip right into the bulb socket!), you install the lens back, wire up the HID's and if you want wire up the bi-Xenon wires to the high beams so you have extra high beam. Install the headlight and your DONE!

***IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WIRE IN THE BI XENON CONTROLLER, DONT! LEAVE IT SINGLE BEAM AND SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF TROUBLE AND BRAIN TUMORS FROM TRYING TO CONTEMPLATE THE CONCEPT OF T TAPPING TWO WIRES.

Problem Solved! Anyone wants to donate 235 bucks to prove me wrong or argue with me anymore? I don't get how people can argue with me about this, I gave all the self explanatory information and its just mind boggling nobody is getting it.

BTW, that Integra I posted earlier uses 9005/9006 bulbs, SAME AS DSM's. So thats enough proof.

Are you honestly that dense? Why the #### would you pay 235 for something that is worth LESS than that. You can get those on ebay for WAY cheaper. Look up "g1 projector" or "pnp projector" They're around 120 bux.

Either ####ing do it RIGHT if you use 9005 and 9006 or don't do it at all. I've already looked into those projectors and it is NOT the way to go if you use TWO bulbs.

BI-XENON does not mean TWO PROJECTORS. It means ONE BULB, two functions.

Just retrofit a low-beam projector in to the low beam area and leave the high beams as is or get a high beam projector as well. Figure out how to wire it up so your lows stay on. (The right, proper way).

And lastly... YOU DON'T NEED TEXT LIKE THIS, SOME OF US ARE MORE INFORMED ON HID'S THAN YOU.

1gb housings are smaller than most, might I add.

Just look at the prices on that website, he's raping people without lube.

When did I say mess with the high beams? And show me where its worthless? As far as I can tell, doing real retrofits cost triple that! If your sell well informed then by all means, explain your extensive knowledge. You obviously aren't understanding the concept. Its a wonder!

Oh well, I guess I'd rather spend 800-1000 bucks on a real retrofit setup and completely demolish my 200 dollar headlights like I've done in the past numerous times, just so I can get the same outcome. :thumb::applause::ohdamn:

Real retrofits do not cost triple of that LOL.

You can pick up projectors DIRT cheap now a days. This isn't 4 years ago where you would spend 200 dollars for 1 projector.

Look up item 170462072642 on ebay. Looks JUST like what your dude is selling for way cheaper. 115 shipped. This is their website PnP Bi-Xenon G1 Projector Kit Still cheaper on their website.

Sharphid bulbs/ballasts which are 65 shipped?

I would never trust a website that claims
DIGITAL, DIGITAL HID, and DIGITAL 55 watt high-output kits are not for sale anywhere else, by anyone else. The name, concept, and quality materials are sole property of our company and not available to any other wholesale, manufacturing, or retail provider. Resale and wholesale distributions are at our sole discretion and any deviation from this consitutes criminal forgery. The quality, longevity, and scope of this product is our concept to provide the customer with the best possible performance in any HID conversion kit.
Which is complete utter bs.

It's your choice if you decide to get the G1/G3 projectors or not..
Just a warning http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143142 The lock nut sucks.
More pages on the projectors you're looking into.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f123/g1-projector-retrofit-output-shots-553039/
http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-mods/14963-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed.html
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120282

Like I said... I've looked into these projectors already, and was deciding whether to run them in my 95 civic or not. This was back when they only made them for h4.

Just make sure to gather your dimensions before. As far as I recall, the 1gb housings are not very deep and these projectors are bigger than they look.

Ok, 235 on the left, 115 on the right. And the link you provided claims the one on the right isn't that good of quality but three other sites say its good quality.

they both are similar, not the same. But Similar. I've already seen a few good reviews on the item on the left for 235, which is why I posted it up here. Looks good and I'll order the ones on the left.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back