The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build project second chance panda

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I took the car and do the inspection station today, and they told me they would gladly pass it just to go get my plates and insurance and I'm road legal

I'm trying to sell my pressure washer or anything else that I could probably live with out to get the money together for insurance and plates this month I'm so close to being able to drive a high-horsepower DSM again that I can almost taste it

I put the first five gallons of E85 and it last night and actually got to drive it a little bit today just playing around

I finished my amp rack slash custom sub enclosure today it sounds pretty good but I definitely should have went with my good amp setup from the get-go

I'll add some pictures when I get back to my laptop this evening

well, a little update, I put plates and insurance on the car, got it inspected and started making short drives to work the bugs out... Found that the -3 line to the wastegate had a hole in it causing me to have no control over boost, so I replaced that. then I found that the fuel feed line where it connects to the AN fitting was deformed and leaking under higher fuel pressure, so I cut that and redid the fitting to the hose and all seems well.

so for now I'm till down to only one fuel pump (need a 255hp if anyone has a donor) and I need to put the money together to finish the paint job. Someone please buy my LSD 2g rear diff :) or I accept donations ;p

on another note, I bought a "core" trans for 50 bucks and I pull it apart and find that I've got a freshly rebuilt gvr4 trans, I kno the taller first gear is weaker, but I'm not blowing out first gears yet anyway so I'm hoping it holds, I just need to shim it for torque holding ability and high RPM shifting, as well as toss in some new seals and I should be good to on that one if I can afford to put in a 6 puck disk at the same time i'll be right where I want to on the drive line (well, aside from wanting to swap to auto anyway)

more to comeand pics and vid i hope too

Well I guess nobody's really reading this so I'm posting more for myself I guess. The car is up-and-running plated and registered and doing very well I'm actually spending a lot more time tuning the methanol as a charge cooling method then I did in my previous thread and having great results so far I will post some numbers when I get them

Lately I've just been doing tuning and body work tomorrow I should be painting the whole top black roof headlights and everything else then I'm going to start on the red lower half. I will keep pictures coming as I make progress

Here's a few cosmetic updates haven't done much mechanical other than driving it and loving it started on some of the painting got a lot of wet sanding and buffing to go

20160930_103445.jpg
20160930_103423.jpg
20160930_103429.jpg

20161001_061259.jpg
20161001_061238.jpg
Here's a couple more pics from tonight getting things and sealer one by one and adding a few little lighted touches

The white is just a sealer to make the red a little extra bright that i plan to our on top, but the panda look is growing on me fast

20160930_185607.jpg
20160930_173928.jpg
20160930_040848.jpg

Last edited:
Couple more ... i think lettering the tires in with a little white paint really makes the wheel/tire combo look nice
20161001_061259.jpg
20161001_084017.jpg

I'm definitely going to go red and black still money is the only thing holding that up unfortunately an hour and a half away from home going to go play with some other car enthusiasts disaster struck on the highway here's a couple pics
20161002_083455.jpg

No, its living in salem oregon now with a new owner... please dont sayyour the guy who text me at 3 am the other night. Lucky I skept through it so they only got ignored, I swear I'll never out my number on a classified add again, I've had countless people who apparently have no thought or care about people getting rest and whats universally understood to be "normal hours"

Thanks, it wasn't a 402 area code, but the wording was verbatim the same as your post LOL

I'm a bit discouraged after the latest HG failure, as i can't even afford the 91 dollars i need for valve seals, head gasket, am oil change and set of plugs... i hate not working, i tried i move my business from a city of almost a half million (Omaha) to a town of 3200, (Ripley, WV) but had no idea of bet this slow/out of work after two years..(only had my garage/shop setup for a year though) but because of My disability and lack of jobs i can't even get regular work... (moved here because my health almost killed me in 2014 and this is where my family is at)

Plus I'm still trying to trade/find a FMIC core that will fit behind a1g bumper, the one i used on my 2g won't even fit of tilted and removing the front turn signals, bumper support, hood latch and center plastic piece wroth Mitsubishi emblem... even with all that is almost 2 inches lower than the rest of the car..ughhhh

And after this failure i refuse to start tuning again without one. I just think the methanol is too inconsistent to be reliable as the sole form of charge cooling on a daily driver (unless i were to spray it from way early in the load range which burns through a few gallons a day, and that's just not feasible)

Great looking car! Don't let it get u down! Keep at it. Every time I fix something and enjoy the car for a few months something else needs attention. They're older vehicles that need some love. I may be able to help u with the intercooler situation. I have an extra one laying around u can have free. I'll pm u some pics. If it's for a good cause why not:hellyeah:

oh man, you're awesome, today you're my santa clause LOL, definitely PM me pics, i'll send you my cell number

Whatever happened with this, would still really like to have that core cause the piping configuration is exactly what I'm looking for, please let me know, can't find your number to text you so thought I'd hit you up here

I know i haven't updated this in a long time, well tonight i got off my lazy ass and put in some work. Installed my greddy fmic that was meant for a supra. Had to cut the bumper into two little halves which really are only there to hold the bumper on, had a bit of a tight fit in the upper intercooler pipe to the turbo, but in the end, it fit.

Also replaced my UEGO sensor tonight add is been dieing for a while. For anyone that doesn't know, a direct plug in from the parts store to replace the AEM sensor is bosch #17018 ( 17014 also fits but the plug cam be plugged in backwards which won't hurt, it just won't work until it's corrected) these are cheaper than AEM replacements, i got a special discount fron a friends at Advanced and only paid 40.99 for mine.

It's late and i just finished, but you can bet tomorrow will bring data logs and boost pressure.

I'm really happy i was able to keep the fog lights, let's just hope i don't scrape the pipes of the core in the first week

Here's pics
20161208_234818.jpg
20161209_032737.jpg
20161209_032745.jpg
20161208_232609.jpg

Last edited:
Ben long time since I updated this, three car had now undergone a complete auto swap, has been refined and tuned in hopes of becoming shootout ready this year. Here's pics

Attachments

• 20170611_194613.jpg
    20170611_194613.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 44
Another long over due update... Seems every time I start wiring a post in this thread, something happens, I lose the entire thing and give up out of frustration.

The car has since been converted to an auto car, did the swap as complete as possible with TCU, WORKING POWER/economy and over drive lights in the cluster as stl as the a/t temp light I the some light housing all functioning.

Aside from the sick stall being horrible on my combo I love the auto, not having to rebuild boost after shifts is just amazing, I've she spools up she pulls like a rocket until I let out. I've got a storage set of plugs I built a kiggly mood harness out of do I can swap between the sick tcu with switchable blue wire mod, and the full manual setup. The trans also has a shift kit I it, and I've bought and installed one if the Volvo vacuum pumps for when i can eventually build boost on the brakes. Let me tell you, it's one of the best brake upgrades I've done to a dsm, having 28" of vacuum when ever I hit the brakes makes them come on hard. I wired the pump off the plug next to the brake light switch plug. One wire has 12v when you hit the brakes and the other had a constant 12v, I use three constant one to run my blue wire mod relay and the switched one for the vacuum pump, there's a master arming switch to disable the pump when it's not needed as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back