The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Project Nicole, 2gb AWD Talon Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good morning all! She runs I've only driven her twice since I got it all together but man this turbo is awesome!
Still doing a little tuning here and there with my buddy he's the mad scientist I've just been doing as he says and sends LOL
I did take an updated engine bay shot since I've installed the new valve cover to match the other parts I got re coated

Not much else as the weather in UT has been weird and cold outside. Soon we'll have her boosting like crazy and running perfectly!

Stay tuned!

20240129_194111.jpg

Looks amazing! You got the coolant line figured out then?

And did you happen to have any problems with fittings leaking on your quick jack?
Yes I did! Sorry for not updating

Which fittings on the quick jacks? I think I had to tighten the hose fittings a few times from seeping fluid but other than that I'd say no, not on the actual quick jacks.

On the rear of the turbo closest to the block, I used the OEM line and it's seemed to seal and not leak so far.

On the front of the turbo closest to the radiator I ended up using a fitting with a barb and that seems to be just fine so far also.

I may need to move the hose down the road but for now I'm happy she idles and can at least be driven around. We are starting from scratch essentially with this tune and my buddy is helping me when he's free. I'm not really in a hurry for the time being.

Yes I did! Sorry for not updating

Which fittings on the quick jacks? I think I had to tighten the hose fittings a few times from seeping fluid but other than that I'd say no, not on the actual quick jacks.

On the rear of the turbo closest to the block, I used the OEM line and it's seemed to seal and not leak so far.

On the front of the turbo closest to the radiator I ended up using a fitting with a barb and that seems to be just fine so far also.

I may need to move the hose down the road but for now I'm happy she idles and can at least be driven around. We are starting from scratch essentially with this tune and my buddy is helping me when he's free. I'm not really in a hurry for the time being.

I was just curious. I recently got one of the 5000tl quick jack lifts, and im having a hell of a time with all the hose fittings leaking. I used the supplied thread sealant, and tightened the shit out of them and they all seep a little. I guess Ill just take it all back apart and use some good permitex thread sealant.

Are you on pump gas? I bet e85 and that green would be a super fun setup.

I was just curious. I recently got one of the 5000tl quick jack lifts, and im having a hell of a time with all the hose fittings leaking. I used the supplied thread sealant, and tightened the shit out of them and they all seep a little. I guess Ill just take it all back apart and use some good permitex thread sealant.

Are you on pump gas? I bet e85 and that green would be a super fun setup.
I didn't use that supplied thread sealant, Just good old Teflon tape on the threads.

Pump gas I refuse to use E85 because it's not readily available in UT. I also don't love the idea of it gaining water after sitting for a period of time, Especially because this car is only driven once in a while. I'll end up doing a pump gas tune and possibly a 110 tune on it and see how it does.

Looks great! What powder color is that?
It was supposed to be illusion violet but turned out more like an illusion maroon, In the sun it does look more purple but in the garage or dark it looks more like a maroon. Overall I'm content with it, i think it actually matches the car very well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back