The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Project Nicole, 2gb AWD Talon Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relocated the oem ones. They are just spot welded on.I don't have one of mine but Here's a picture of Crashs spyder he sent me to help with the spotting. Much appreciated Crash!

ne8a9eja.jpg

Not a problem man!!

For those who cant see or dont know what you're looking at, notice in the pic above that the center bracket is moved down ~roughly 6 or 7 inches? And the sides are down about 2". What I did to measure these was I put the center tail light section in, bolted the brackets to the bumper then held the bumper in place until the gap was how I wanted it. Marked where I wanted the side mounts to be then put a couple tack welds. Then with the center out I could mark the center mount.

Once they were all tack welded in I put all of the lights in to check the gaps. If they were off I removed the bumper and repositioned the bracket until I got the gaps how I wanted them! I probably mounted and removed the bumper and lights at least 10 times that night.

Yup took me a good 10 attempts as well! Glad thats over with LOL.

Not so good news....

Pulled off the oil filter and a silver lining was in the oil along with multiple little bits of who knows what. Looks like I'm in for a rebuild :-(

Last edited:
oh darn... you might just have to make a little more power this time too :D

Definitely not giving up, my buddy that did the welding before is coming over next week to finish welding the holes and the x brace. Then I'll be ready to put her on the ground and be able to move her around.

No I couldn't find one for a decent price so.I'm going to snip all of the auto trans plugs and put them back into the loom of the harness. My friend just did this with no issues.

Not a clue, I'm actually more of a fan of manually moving my top up or down. So I won't worry about that. I did however remove the cable that goes under the steering column that won't let you start the car without being in park so I'd assume that would take care of the top issue at the same time.

I am sure I am going to become a big fan of manual top actuation, AFTER IT BREAKS, but as long as it is working, I would prefer to use it! ;)

I also removed that cable system, but it was mechanical and served a different purpose. I am pretty sure that top signal came from transmission's neutral signal. You could activate the top if you shifted into neutral, but the car was still moving, I did a few times coasting 10-15 mph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back