The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project Nicole, 2gb AWD Talon Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just read your whole build log and I enjoyed it. I bought a neglected 98 Spyder at the beginning of the summer and I've been working on getting it up to 100% over the last few months. Threads like this are great because they show us what works, and what doesn't which helps us save time and money. Thanks and keep the updates going.

Just read your whole build log and I enjoyed it. I bought a neglected 98 Spyder at the beginning of the summer and I've been working on getting it up to 100% over the last few months. Threads like this are great because they show us what works, and what doesn't which helps us save time and money. Thanks and keep the updates going.
Thank you! I'll keep it updated as best as I can!

Ive been wanting to get that same hatch for my gfs spyder as well. Then the horror stories and lack of communication and shit customer service make me not want to. It sucks. I wish there was someone more efficient and backed up the DSM community with the same type of parts. Since it seems he hasn't gotten his stuff together or learned from these bad experiences everyone says.

If Special Carbon Fiber has what you need I would always order from them first. I have 3 of their products on my car and I love them. Had them in my hands withing a few weeks of ordering too. Sad part is they don't offer as much as Carbonetics does. I talked with the owner of SCF, and they plan on adding to their parts catalog for our cars soon. They said they just have a few huge projects they are working on that they have to do first.

Ive wanted the "CSL" hatch for the spyder for awhile now. I think he allegedly owns the rights to the design or something along those lines, so others cant copy.

Ive been wanting to get that same hatch for my gfs spyder as well. Then the horror stories and lack of communication and sh** customer service make me not want to. It sucks. I wish there was someone more efficient and backed up the DSM community with the same type of parts. Since it seems he hasn't gotten his stuff together or learned from these bad experiences everyone says.

Ive wanted the "CSL" hatch for the spyder for awhile now. I think he allegedly owns the rights to the design or something along those lines, so others cant copy.

This is what I believe as well, nobody else I know of makes a carbon trunk for the spyder. Oh well I'll keep you guys updated and hopefully I'll either get my money back or a hatch at some point.

Hello friends! Sad to say I had a Carbon CSL Trunk on order from Carbonetics but things have gone sour quick.
Hate to bring this back up but after the run around from Sergio, I filed a dispute with PayPal. Promised my Spyder CSL carbon hatch in 8-12 weeks. That ship has sailed. I placed my deposit July 3rd 2019 checked in with him once in a while and he said it was actually ahead of schedule and he would ship it closer to mid October. Great still not within time frame but at least he was talking to me.

Last Friday he said it was ready to ship and he sent me the remaining balance on my invoice. I paid it and was expecting tracking info. Never happened. I called him yesterday and he apologized because he was at WCF and said it had either already shipped or it would ship 100% yesterday. He claimed my part was finished and ready to ship, and promised I would have tracking by the end of the day. That came and went and didnt hear a thing. Messaged him last night and asked if there was any issues. Never got a reply.

I just want my money back at this point, I wasn't about to wait until it was too late to file a dispute for a refund with PayPal so let's see what comes of this. I'd 100% rather have the trunk because it's an awesome part and looks incredible but man, I don't like being lied to.
SOOOO i do have some input because ive been there. I ordered hood, trunk, and some interior pieces. I waited for almost a year (from last september to this summer) I would get periodic updates when asked for but i would get the run around as well. I was in no rush since my car is not running. I did not bug much because i know i would get my parts eventually. in other words take his estimates with a grain of salt. Just know you will get your parts eventually and they will look amazing.

SOOOO i do have some input because ive been there. I ordered hood, trunk, and some interior pieces. I waited for almost a year (from last september to this summer) I would get periodic updates when asked for but i would get the run around as well. I was in no rush since my car is not running. I did not bug much because i know i would get my parts eventually. in other words take his estimates with a grain of salt. Just know you will get your parts eventually and they will look amazing.

I get it, I'm not willing to wait and risk my money especially when he told me it was done and ready to ship. He text me back today and then wouldn't reply after a few texts.

He text me back today and then wouldn't reply after a few texts.
To me this just screams classic scam.. But I have heard this being the case many times with Carbonetics. From what everybody says it is worth the wait if you are patient. Not the best way to run a business though, if he needs more help to complete projects he should gain some employees or something. If he had a more reliable system I would have ordered thousands worth of his products but like you I do not want to be stuck in limbo just waiting to hear anything about my order.
I would also rather be told "I am way behind schedule and will give you an update when I can start your order" than being blatantly lied to about it.

To me this just screams classic scam.. But I have heard this being the case many times with Carbonetics. From what everybody says it is worth the wait if you are patient. Not the best way to run a business though, if he needs more help to complete projects he should gain some employees or something. If he had a more reliable system I would have ordered thousands worth of his products but like you I do not want to be stuck in limbo just waiting to hear anything about my order.
I would also rather be told "I am way behind schedule and will give you an update when I can start your order" than being blatantly lied to about it.

Exactly! I'm surprised at how many people have made excuses for this guy it's so frustrating. I'll try to contact him one more time today and then I'll be escalating the PayPal dispute to a claim. I should've listened but he seemed to have great communication for the first few conversations then now when he got the total invoice paid he's being sketchy. Also, he had time to post a Facebook story video but not to reply to an unhappy customer? He's trash

Just wanted to post an update, I have a tracking number from Sergio @ carbonetics that shows delivery tomorrow the 16th. Hoping for the best! I'll keep this updated when I get it delivered and unboxed.

It's been a bit, but I have an update and a positive one at that.

I had the trunk delivered as he promised, but it got damaged because of improper packing. He asked for pictures which I sent right away as I had nothing to hide. He apologized and offered me a replacement or some free parts either way was fine with him, we both decided a replacement trunk was best for the both of us as he had made 2 when he received my order originally. He promised me he would ship the trunk on a Tuesday which I believe was two weeks ago, he took a day to get me tracking but nonetheless he did ship on Tuesday.

I recieved my replacement and it's perfect! Much better packing and the box was reinforced like it should have been the first time. I have to say, he is a man if his word but his customer service could still use some work. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again as he showed good faith in me by shipping me a 2nd trunk while still being in procession of the first one. Just know, you'll be waiting at least a little longer than originally quoted. I did what Brian told me and just messaged him once in a while and sure enough It kept my order on his mind. All in all the craftsmanship is awesome on this trunk and I couldn't be happier. I'll update later with a bit more things I've got for the old gal recently.

Here's a pic of the CSL Carbon Fiber Trunk :D
20191130_080101.jpg

Hello dsm family! It's been a while but I'm still around

Havent done a ton of work on the spyder been actually enjoying her this summer and now fall. I did pick up a chromoly north south bar from Justin Mohney who owns detective coatings for a great deal but have yet to install it because I didnt have the necessary bolts. View attachment 579848it's going to be a bit of weight reduction to say the least and was already powder coated my favorite color.

I also had a friend do a photo shoot at on of our local mountain parks and the shots turned out amazing!
View attachment 579898 View attachment 579899 View attachment 579900 View attachment 579902 View attachment 579901
That's it for now! Stay tuned!

Ugh I keep looking back at these pics LOL. Gotta correct that bumper sag under the headlight!

Hey guys! I finally found a usable 3rd brake light for the CSL Carbon fiber trunk! Here's the installed pictures!

IMG_20200321_195541_558.jpg
IMG_20200321_195541_557.jpg

Also I finally got around to fixing the bumper issue Brady Dingeldein keeps giving me shit about just haven't taken pictures. I'll be updating this with a few more adjustments I'll be doing in the next few weeks as well

Stay tuned!

Just a small update
Decided I'm going to move forward with my manual rack idea I've had for a while now. Ended up finding a local DSM'r parting out a rusty 2g talon and grabbed the rack off it so I wouldn't have my car down while doing it.

Here's a pic of it all disassembled it was pretty straight forward and easy to be honest. Just messy as hell

IMG_20200402_062857_061.jpg

Had my friend weld all the line fittings closed as well as the pinion shaft where it will supposedly reduce play in the steering feel. I'll update once its installed and I drive it around.

Also picked this nice piece up

20200405_152739.jpg

That's it for now will update soon

Stay tuned!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back