The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Project Ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Hey all! First I am sure this has been done but I am doing it again. Also for the haters out there, please please don't waste forum space by posting things like "your car will blow up" etc. With that said I am going to build a car using ONLY eBay parts.

I have a 91 eclipse 2.0l non turbo automatic: I am going to use as much ebay stuff as possible to test and see if it really is crap or not. I am swapping the car to turbo. I currently have purchased from ebay a complete gasket rebuild kit, timing belt, water pump, AFPR, 50 trim, t3/t4 tubular manifold, 35mm external wastegate. I am going to purchase a ebay 255lph fuel pump and a FMIC. The things I can make I will, like IC piping and exhaust etc.. The things that can not come from ebay I will have to purchase elsewhere, like injectors etc... I will take photos of the items and car and progress and post up as it goes along. I will be rebuilding the motor soon and putting in stock 1g turbo pistons and at the time converting it to a turbo. If anyone would like to see a ebay "item" installed and checked out just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also MODS if this isn't in the correct section please move it. Thanks all and I'll get up some photos as soon as I can.:thumb:

Ebay still doesn't make parts, and this thread makes me embarrassed to have owned a DSM at any point in time, much less for ~15 years.

Keep sinking vendors that actually still give a shit and, by all means, add to the piss-poor reliability reputation by using sub-par copies of real parts.

Keep sinking vendors that actually still give a shit and, by all means, add to the piss-poor reliability reputation by using sub-par copies of real parts.

Even if you love Ebay try to stay away from it alteast for this reason. If we buy quality parts intended for our cars then that shows vendor that we want parts for our cars and they have a reason to create and R&D new parts. Most ebay vendors are not creating parts but copying from quality parts.

Lets keep the DSM community alive by investing in it.

You know, I was pissed when Buschur made some comments years ago, but I feel they'd be warranted in the current environment. :/

Just because you build off ebay doesnt mean you always buy any cheap part available. There are plenty of legit vendors that also sell their wares on ebay, as well as the chance to buy 2nd hand top quality parts at below retail (much like the classifieds here). There's nothing wrong w/ saving some $ if your not sacrificing quality.

Ebay aint that bad. I've gotten my fair share from ebay. I'm going to be taking a chance on a Godspeed (vendor imo) 20G among there other parts that will go nicely with it just for kicks.

Whatever works works I say.

Keep in mind not much will match the quality and top notch integurity of Local and US vendors and craftsmen alike, but thats just an opinion.

Just because you build off ebay doesnt mean you always buy any cheap part available. There are plenty of legit vendors that also sell their wares on ebay, as well as the chance to buy 2nd hand top quality parts at below retail (much like the classifieds here). There's nothing wrong w/ saving some $ if your not sacrificing quality.

Obviously, We are not talking about the ebay vendors that are selling legitimate
parts. Everyone knows who we are refering too.

Obviously, We are not talking about the ebay vendors that are selling legitimate
parts. Everyone knows who we are refering too.
Indeed. I thought it was pretty clear.

For reference, look at all the mentions of knock-off crap and "brand names" like Godspeed. Cross-reference that with my continued attempts at informing the mouth breathers that Ebay is not a parts maker; you'll have the full picture, Munkee.

Why would you not want to support the folks who support our ever dwindling community?

This is the reason for our ever dwindling community. These price of these cars are cheap enough these days to get into the hands of people who do not value a supported community or honest vendors. All they want to do is have a decently fast car to show off to their buddies who drive Acuras and Hondas at the expense of cutting corners.

Unfortunately for us supporters, they are driving away vendors because they do not want to be associated to crowds like this and want to keep a respectable reputation in the aftermarket industry.

Please stop supporting these cheap manufactures.

Land, go jump off a cliff. You and everyone else that's complaining about this thread leave please. Your completely missing the point of this build that I might not even be able to do. I've supported the vendors enough and I'm an adult so I can spend my money where I want. You call yourself a moderator, your biased opinion should get you booted from being a mod. Have your opinion, don't you and others come into my thread talking trash. I've spent plenty with the vendors of this site had more dsms than you. I'm sure you'll ban or flag me and that would be the reason this community dwindles. The purpose of this is to see if a full eBay build can survive and for how long....what breaks and why etc. Trying to help our more poor members make better decisions on something they can afford that will keep their car running and that makes better community.

After you sir. If you are poor you should not be modifying a car, check your priorities. End of story. Encouraging others who are poor to do so is just irresponsible.

You and others like you are killing our community by driving away vendors and developers, making it harder to find unhacked shells and further hurting our perception with those who would host events that cater to us at their facilities as well as those that would promote them. You have it exactly backwards.

"Project Ebay?" You're a blackeye for DSM owners at large. This is what pushes innovators like Magnus, Buschur, Shearer and Shep away and ultimately others who would follow in their footsteps .. if you don't understand that you are a lost cause. They have said as much themselves.

No one has missed the point, it was crystal clear and that's what is saddest about this.

This is a public forum by the way, you dont have the option of turning us away.

Is no one reading the many times I've pointed out that I've spent tons of money with the very vendors you named? Get lost if you have nothing nice to say, I asked that in the very first thread. I'm not a "black eye" for wanting to help people less fortunate that doesn't have the money to buy a act clutch but desperate lay needs a clutch to get to work. When did I ever as I was poor? Your priorities are not someone else's so don't go around telling people what to spend their money on dictator. How am I encouraging anyone to do anything? Posting my findings and build on this thread? I didn't say Johnny don't buy that your poor buy eBay stuff. If a vendor can't survive people buying stuff from eBay then who's problem/ fault is that really? Also our platform is 20 years old? Doubt there's much r&d going into our cars.Like I said its not people like me that are pushing away vendors, its people like you that think they can push their will onto people in a public forum because they don't agree or like what they are saying doing I may not be able to turn you away but the mods can and I hope they will, delete all the negative comments including mine so people can get some use out of this thread. Go to bed dsmer your drunk.

what breaks and why

If we are talking ebay turbos its because its garbage/unbalanced/cheap materials. You are not the first to "test" these, I am sure you can look on here and find out any of the "ebay" parts and what others have already experienced. You are not a pioneer in any way shape or form.

I am not trying to be negative/an asshole but I do care about supporting vendors and am sick of them leaving us because of people like this.

But, carry on and goodluck.

People like this.....yeah I think your missing the point AND didn't read the entire thread. I KNOW IM NOT THE FIRST TO DO THIS!!! Now people get off my bearings. You picked one part I want to do everything eBay and put it to the test. There's also PLENTY of eBay turbos that hold up fine.

Land and lando just to be clear earlier. Also land what is your deal? Stop hating and go get a life. I'm not doing this to a civic and you ARE missing the point you just want to whine and say stuff... blah blah blah look at me I'm land and I know everything. What is wrong with building a car completely with eBay parts? Nothing and you know it. You'll say its driving vendors away and that it makes us look bad but in reality it doesn't. If I want to build a car with eBay parts or swap in a LP550-2 why should you voice your negativity on thee subject? Is it because your a failure, don't have the money to try it yourself, little penis, huge penis? What is with all the negative comments. Leave the thread if you don't like what I'm doing. Go bother someone else

Last edited:
I'm glad a few of our members have the comprehension skills that come with being an "adult".

Personally, I find immense humor in the stupidity presented on the cheap-ass side of this argument.

The most poignant statement, besides those about supporting people that provide REAL products instead of reverse-"engineered" junk; get your priorities straight. If you can't afford to mod, maybe you shouldn't.

Enjoy your cobbled together heap. I'll be here to point out the fallacy in half-assing a build whether my name is green, blue, or bitemyass pink.

I've spent plenty with the vendors of this site had more dsms than you..
I wanted to add to this; you say this like it's a good thing. Try keeping DDs for 14 years, then come pop off at the mouth. You could have 30...I've had 2 better ones.

Thanks for coming out, sweetie.

I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. I have a friend just like you who uses nothing but ebay purchased parts...

Again, Ebay doesn't make parts. True story.

Your friend uses sweatshop junk with no QC or R&D. Your friend helps diminish support for platforms by buying cheap copies of parts that had the two aforementioned components of manufacturing. Your friend helps slave/child labor keep afloat.

All the best to your friend.

Again, Ebay doesn't make parts. True story.

Your friend uses sweatshop junk with no QC or R&D. Your friend helps diminish support for platforms by buying cheap copies of parts that had the two aforementioned components of manufacturing. Your friend helps slave/child labor keep afloat.

All the best to your friend.
I know...I shouldve said it different but of course ebay doesnt make the parts..

I agree...I make fun of him but he believes the quality is the same...He's owned his dsm for 9 years and only drove it for about 1 LOL...that thing is always in the shop...if its the cheapest part than thats what he wants...but to each his own

Ugh.

That's painful to hear. I was hoping he was at least in a saturated market (Honda, for instance) and not a niche like this.

Wow, people and their ignorance. Landoawd why are you even posting here if you have nothing nice to say? Your waisting forum space and oxygen. You haven't had 2 better dams than me, your a sad excuse for a human. Are you a grumpy old man.....I'm sorry you have a bad life and feel the need to abuse your mod abilities and fuss at other people on this site. Go get a life "sweetie"

EBay parts....parts purchased from eBay. Your ignorant and trying to prove an invalid point. What do you want us to go I bought it from eBay vendor fulandoawdusuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back