The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project Ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Hey all! First I am sure this has been done but I am doing it again. Also for the haters out there, please please don't waste forum space by posting things like "your car will blow up" etc. With that said I am going to build a car using ONLY eBay parts.

I have a 91 eclipse 2.0l non turbo automatic: I am going to use as much ebay stuff as possible to test and see if it really is crap or not. I am swapping the car to turbo. I currently have purchased from ebay a complete gasket rebuild kit, timing belt, water pump, AFPR, 50 trim, t3/t4 tubular manifold, 35mm external wastegate. I am going to purchase a ebay 255lph fuel pump and a FMIC. The things I can make I will, like IC piping and exhaust etc.. The things that can not come from ebay I will have to purchase elsewhere, like injectors etc... I will take photos of the items and car and progress and post up as it goes along. I will be rebuilding the motor soon and putting in stock 1g turbo pistons and at the time converting it to a turbo. If anyone would like to see a ebay "item" installed and checked out just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also MODS if this isn't in the correct section please move it. Thanks all and I'll get up some photos as soon as I can.:thumb:

some ebay parts arent bad at all... alot of people use them and have no problems with them... now if i was you i would really look in the details on what your buying... some parts on ebay are better that others...

i have bought a good amount of parts from ebay for my 1gb and my 3kgt. 3kgt ran great the whole time i owned it. i think the only complaint i have ever had was fitment being off 1/8-1/4", but hey no one is perfect.
good luck with this build ill be watching and im sure have some input on stuff. props for doing your own thing and hopefully having fun doing it.

I will take photos of the items and car and progress and post up as it goes along.:
...then I recommend starting a blog / journal entry instead of this thread with the exact same info you opened with here. A build thread will just get deleted.

...then I recommend starting a blog / journal entry instead of this thread with the exact same info you opened with here. A build thread will just get deleted.

There's a place to blog on here? Where have I been? LOL Thanks Jusmx I'll search it out and start it up there. :)

Using "eBay" parts is a bit vague. I can pick up a MHI 16g, Garret, true HKS & Greddy off of eBay which would make them eBay parts. If you are going to do this, are you doing the cheap-as-hell knock off parts i.e. no name brands?

There's a place to blog on here? Where have I been? LOL Thanks Jusmx I'll search it out and start it up there. :)

In the red tool bar up top with the drop down lists, click on "DSM Journals" which is in between "Search" and "Marketplace"

I myself would like to see what you can do with this. A local tuner mainly Honda recently built a civic coupe with nothing but ebay parts ebay 35r and actually got the car into the tens. He called this a budget build but im not sure how long it lasted or if it still runs.

Using "eBay" parts is a bit vague. I can pick up a MHI 16g, Garret, true HKS & Greddy off of eBay which would make them eBay parts. If you are going to do this, are you doing the cheap-as-hell knock off parts i.e. no name brands?

Yeah I meant no name china child making factory stuff. :hmm:

In the red tool bar up top with the drop down lists, click on "DSM Journals" which is in between "Search" and "Marketplace"

Thanks a ton.

If you need info on the swap let me know as I have done it and it's a piece of cake.

Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind but I think I got it. Just connect the injector resistor pack and the knock sensor and I'm good, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The general consensus is if the part does not move it should be OK. As in intakes, exhaust systems I even use glow shift gauges with no problem.

There are a number of threads on china turbos - do yourself a favor - search-read-learn. You ARE NOT the first.

Generally speaking, only buy quality for anything to do with fuel delivery or tuning parts such as wide bands.

The general consensus is if the part does not move it should be OK. As in intakes, exhaust systems I even use glow shift gauges with no problem.

There are a number of threads on china turbos - do yourself a favor - search-read-learn. You ARE NOT the first.

Generally speaking, only buy quality for anything to do with fuel delivery or tuning parts such as wide bands.

Did you not read? I specifically said I am buying these things to test out. I don't need to "search-read-learn". I am purposely building a eBay car. Gaskets, fuel, timing belts etc.

Thanks man and sorry if it looked like I was bashing you for thinking you were bashing me....LOL. I actually am taking my time and researching the parts I am buying. I'm not just going "hey that's the cheapest I think I'll take that one.":D

....its ebay...thats what i would do :D

I use an XTD clutch, its good.

Really tho, compared to the unavoidable cost of building a car, the money you save on cheap china shit is minimal.

Unless your going to make sure the rest of the car is well sorted, which costs big dollars ($5000+), don't bother with anything other than a MHI E3 16g, a ebay fmic, some injectors and ect.

Everyone is missing the point here. I WANT to use eBay cheapo parts to test their ability to stand up against daily driving AND racing on the weekend. Thank you for the concern in your comments but I want to report the findings to the dsmtuners community. On not only turbos but gaskets timing belts water pumps etc. I also am willing to try out parts for people if they want to see how something holds up. Like "Andy says hey I would like it if you could possibly try out "x" item." I'll go ok let me buy one, install it and give it a shot. That is if it's not to expensive etc. Thanks and I'll get a blog and some photos going about it soon.

would be cool to see the dyno on it and good luck with this build hope it all works out for you and cant wait to see the finished product.

I will do my best to get it to a dyno after I get it built and something to tune with. Thanks for the support guys. BTW texasmade where is boostcity, ky? Lol I'm familiar with ky as I'm up there often but I didn't know there was a boostcity. ;)

I am not one to say not to test test test.

. . .But considering that ebay parts change monthly, even daily. The shape of gates, the o2 housings, the intecooler fin density and design. . . I would have to say that this will be moot. However, I WILL be following your blog. Continue. Lets see what's going on with the ebay tech as of now. . . It's going to be fun for you at least.

Don't listen to much of the negativity its all she said he said bs, i like your approach i did it before just not as hardcore.

One thing i do not agree on is the ebay fuel pump you should just spend 50 dollars on a used walboro and call it a day instead of the ebay one possibly failing or not supplying the right amount of fuel.

I had good luck with the ebay 16g even on 25psi.

Ebay mani/ebay 16g ebay 02dump/regrinds was my major mods.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/363653-11-54-111-brakes-ebay16g.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back