The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Project 2g Talon ESi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After finally getting it home in TX after spending its entire life in Virginia, it's time to get to work!

So far I've installed a new battery and driver's exterior door handle (the old one was broken/missing.)

New lift back struts get delivered today, and I have a dash kit to clean up the hack job head unit install.

Next on the list is replace the serpantine belt and ensure it is tight enough as the current one is slipping and getting smokey if I rev over 4k. I replaced the tensioner pulley about 3 years ago and installed a new belt at that time but I don't think it was tight enough.

and did I buy something completely out of order? Of course I did. I found a deal on a set of Kosei K1-TS wheels in 17x8 +35. Supposedly they weigh in at about 15 lbs each so the next best thing to RPF1. I will pick them up on Friday and see what kind of condition they're in. Supposedly straight and true but I'm betting the finish will need to be redone. I may look for a hook up on stripping and powder coating them since it will probably be a while before I get the suspension sorted and tires for them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back