The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build Project 1g (NBA DSM)

Moonlight GSX

Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma
Yeah considering you can buy 90% of the oem connectors, making it from scratch was a no brainer. I actually cheated a little bit though, so I have an unmolested 1990 harness, then I have my tucked deleted harness from my car. What I did was build the new harness from scratch without the extra loops and length and used new connectors with new wire. If I could replicate the same wire colors, then it would be easy to trouble shoot. To get the precise measurements for the new harness, i used the old tucked harness. I used the unmolested harness to verify wire colors and ecu pin outs. Of course I had to verify fitment in the car , but using measurements from the old tucked harness gave me a good starting point. My next goal is to do the same thing to my fuse box harness and make it into 3 removable sub sections.
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately I got rid of all my harnesses and will be doing half of what you said. Either way, ya done good sir, ya done good. I might steal the idea of subsections though. I did find some nice general fuse boxes at Waytek Wire (online) that you might consider, and they are reasonably priced if you decide not to use the oem fuse box.

jamel16

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately I got rid of all my harnesses and will be doing half of what you said. Either way, ya done good sir, ya done good. I might steal the idea of subsections though. I did find some nice general fuse boxes at Waytek Wire (online) that you might consider, and they are reasonably priced if you decide not to use the oem fuse box.
Yeah considering the oem fuse box is so bulky, I will upgrade to a more updated version. My only drawback will be trying to find connectors. Another option is changing everything over to Deutsch connectors. I will probably start doing some research soon.

jamel16

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Update: Greetings fellow tuners, so not much of an update, just fixing small issues here and there and trying to get some tuning done.
I finally got my hood painted and installed, so that’s a plus in my book. Well I did run into some issues. My Jay Racing alternator bracket broke right in half, luckily I was only 5 min away from my house. I read the aluminum brackets had issues, so I upgraded to the steel unit. Also my little one is trying to talk me into building a LR 2.0 LOL.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 1926BF17-3575-4520-AAEB-C3035AF45B0C.jpeg
    1926BF17-3575-4520-AAEB-C3035AF45B0C.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 0

jamel16

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Yeah the aluminum one is crap. I've read somewhere that Jay claims it's install error that causes it to break but there isn't anything to screw up. I would only run the steel.
Lol install error, it’s only two bolts. I’m just glad it didn’t happen when I was making pulls. The steel one is so much beefier.

jamel16

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Finally made it to 10 year anniversary of Cars and Coffee Richmond. I seen some beautiful cars and some potential ideas for a new 2nd project. If I can help it I’m never letting go of the talon. Check out some pics.

TheRippedNerd

Proven Member
May 1, 2021
Denver, Colorado
my cars and coffee here in colorado is way up in the mountains, its about an hr or so drive which means no sleep the night before LOL one day ill get up that early and check it out....one day LOL

jamel16

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Update time

How’s it going my fellow tuners? So this will be a bitter sweet post as the car will be prepped for long term storage until 2023. Here is a list of the updates I have performed prior to the storage. First I had an unfortunate issue with my JMF stock flange tubular manifold, one of the welds cracked after 1500 miles. I was highly upset , so I decided to go T3 and search for a T3 cast manifold . I went with the 112.00 Rev9 manifold. Disclaimer , if you don’t want to spend multiple hours porting, then this is not the manifold for you. Next I purchased Turbo Lab .82 T3 turbine housing for the HX40 and a Precision Turbo 38mm waste-gate. Due to the short profile of the manifold, it caused the turbine housing to hit the block. I then purchased a vibrant 4g63 header flange and used it as a spacer. I used the 3/8 in version but I would recommend the 1/2 in version if you plan on using a turbo blanket.

Now comes the fabrication part, I am by no means a professional welder, to be honest I have no experience . So a new hot parts kit had to be fabricated, O2 housing, down pipe and dump tube. It took me a month to hone some skills and make something worthy. I burned holes in so much metal, it’s not funny. Multiple attempts , I came up with this. I used a flux core welder, so my welds are dirty.

So of course, my oil filter housing was now in the way of the O2 housing. I had two options, forward facing housing or a relocation kit. I chose the latter . Now upon research I was not impressed by some of the kits out there. The only one that caught my attention was from Improved Racing. This kit is expensive (270.00) but it allows you to use a bigger filter of you choice and the components are very well made. Even the instructions are very thorough and they even give you a list of different filter part numbers. I relocated the filter to where the windshield washer used to be. I fabricated a simple bracket with some 10 an lines and everything was complete.

Next on the list, I upgraded a couple of fuel components . I upgraded to the bigger DW2000 fuel pressure regulator and I added an Radium in-line fuel rail damper due to the opening /closing actions of large injectors at idle.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds