The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Projcet Budget 10's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm4lyfe12

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2010
Minooka, Illinois
My talon has been sitting for a while waiting. I finally took initiative to buy some things:
Whats in the bay:
Ebay 16g,
Stock fuel,
Broken studs,
Boost/Vaccum leaks,

New Uninstalled:
Hx35 8 blade,
Precision 880cc injectors,
Afpr,
Walbro 255,
Aem uego Wideband,
Dsmlink v3lite,
Dnp T3 manifold,
Tial 38mm wastegate,
Custom 2.5in downpipe,
Fp 4in intake

To come:
3'' gm maf,
Maf Translator,
Stm Rewire kit,
Act 2600 Sprung clutch,
Arp headstuds,
Misc oil lines,
Eagle h beams, on wiesco 8.3:1,
Wiretuck,
Completely go through the engine bay with a fine tooth comb.:thumb:

I'm trying to figure out what setup i should put on lower end of my motor and im clueless about the head. This is a tight budget build. Stock bottom end and top end, im gonna push it to about 400hp.

Any ideas?

Looks like a nice solid build. You will hit that 400 hp mark no problem with that set up. My friend has a similar set up on his 97 gsx, 6 blade hx35 on 93 pump, made 401 hp @ 18 psi according to dsmlink.

Im unsure on speed density, i was told i'd need the gm maf and translator. After further reading, i'm buying a gm iat, a four bar map sensor, and the sd harness.

I see 880's working for you as long as you aren't using e85 and the car isn't excessively heavy. Having a t3 manifold and using the stock turbine housing should help a lot for getting the most power out of the setup especially if you plan on straight pump gas(may be tricky to hit 10's though). Lag may be an issue but it should still keep boost between gears just fine.

Good luck with the build!

I'm not sure what drain im using yet, i haven't gotten the drain or the feed yet.

Turbo wise im missing:

The dump for the wastegate,
The bolts for the manifold,
gasket for the t3,
The feed, and the drain,
2.5 in vband,

My obd2 port doesnt work... :( finally after getting link put in my ecu.
Then im going to have it installed..

when i went from safc to link with no other changes other then tuning i cut almost a full second off my 1/4 mile time. your going to love it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back