The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Progressive Nitrous Controllers..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMKIV

Probationary Member
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando_fl
Any guys using a progressive controller? If so , which one? Im currently about to install a 125hp shot (sportsman fogger) direct port kit on my 2jzge block with all the goodies(walbro pump,purge kit, a/f gauge, nitrous pressure gauge,extrude hone ported intake manifold) . I know this isnt a supra forum - but i figure you guys have a nitrous forum....unlike the supraforums. The kit utilizes the WOT switch - but due to possible traction woes, i am definetly going with a progressive controller....NOS makes 3 different styles (time based, throttle positioned, programmable) - i am not sure which one to go with....i want basically a built in window switch...not to spray below approx. 2800 rpms - and not to spray above my redline. I looked into the crane cams digital unit - but that only works with dry manifold systems. Every shop i talk to tells me to stay away from the jacobs mastermind - so i dont know which progressive controller to go with...any help would be appreciated. Also, would you recommend i go with an aftermarket spark plug, such as NGK 3333s.....they are pregapped..im not sure what gap will be right for this setup.

I have no personal experience with progressive controllers, so unfortunately I can't help you much there with a recommendation. What is the factory plug gap on your plugs? What are those NGK3333's gapped to? I can tell you where to gap your plugs, and what to do with timing, etc. Just do some research on the net for controllers. Let me ask something else...what kind of motor work do you have done? What mods are on the car now? I'm guessing your car is non-turbo. Let me know.

Regards,

yes , its a non turbo . I have K&N intake , apexi N1 exhaust, toyomoto headers, ported intake manifold. The NGK 3333s are pregapped at .031" . That is one heat range colder than a stock supra TT....i am not absolutely sure it is the same with the n/a. I talked to several shops in the area and they recommended i leave my stock internals alone - (i.e. no piston work, ect..) - they basically say the engine is pretty solid. Ill have to do some research and find out what the factorty gaps are.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back