The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A aftermarket dash would be nice seeing it's impossible to find a oem on in good shape that's not cracking or peeling.

1g radiator brackets

You know the carbon fibre trunk lid with that built-in M3-style wing? I'd love to see a stand-alone trunk lid spoiler like this for my oem 2G trunk lid.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I might be crazy having an eclipse which are turbo cars 90% of the time but I would love a 4g64 SOHC Supercharger kit, I know Superchargers aren't as appealing or powerful but I have always loved Superchargers. So that would be awesome if a vendor created it.

I have a 99 Spyder GS and a SC kit would be awesome.

I think we would all agree that affordable rear 2g awd axles would be nice to see. Dsm grave yard has rears for 275 but no one wants to deal with them.

UICP or at least a weld on flange for the EVO MR bypass valve. I feel this would be marketable as this bypass valve is readily available and a proven performer. I have been using this bypass valve with great success in rallycross and track days. I am now able to upgrade my inter-cooler piping, and would love to be able to use the EVO MR bypass valve.
This is an idea of what I have been able to find. This one deletes the base of the bypass valve to bolt the bypass valve to a 1g/greddy flange.

bypass valve partially disassembled. I would like to see a mount that deletes the hose clamp mount:

Last edited:
For custom fabrication pieces, I usually just use Vibrant as they seem to always have the basic ingredients I need to get started.
I would love to buy a clear timing belt cover, except its top to bottom all in one piece. I would even accept it if it came in 3 pieces as well.

This is a thread meant to give the DSM community a direct line of communication to let our Supporting Vendors know what we'd like to see made for our cars. Please only reply to this thread with products that are CURRENTLY NOT ON THE MARKET. Be as specific as possible and state the problem and how the product you're suggesting would solve it. Please try and limit your suggestions to functional products if possible, as opposed to styling products. If you see someone suggesting a product be made that is already available, PM them and report the post so we can delete it to keep the thread clean.

Supporting Vendors, please feel free to ask questions about these suggestions but do not use this thread to argue with other vendors or create any unnecessary tension.

I personally would like to see a product that allows the entire back reflection lights to light up, including the one where eclipse is. Not a big gap of no lighting between the two lights. or should i just customize this. It just seems easier to make an aftermarket piece that goes there with little work.

Also, a 3 inch downpipe without a reducer.

A muffler shop can easily do this for you if you don't have a welder or a saw. They wouldn't charge no more then $25 to replace the 2.5" section with a 3" section. But once you try to bolt the 3" piece on you will see why they make them with reducers, it doesn't effect horse power either.

A muffler shop can easily do this for you if you don't have a welder or a saw. They wouldn't charge no more then $25 to replace the 2.5" section with a 3" section. But once you try to bolt the 3" piece on you will see why they make them with reducers, it doesn't effect horse power either.

I actually have one that's 3" from the exhaust all the way up until it necks down only as much as necessary to fit onto the o2 housing. This sounds great until you have to take it on or off and you see how impossible it is to get those nuts off when there's barely enough room for them.

A somewhat straightforward kit to cars without ABS from the factory would be cool. The OEM ABS system is pretty hard to transplant from one car to another because there is so much it entails and obviously the ABS technology has come a long way since the 90's. Certainly, there is an easier way to come up with kits for ours cars that aren't too much of a hassle.

Also, though they can be found with some hassle and part number cross referencing on rockauto.com, it would be great if someone made CV boots more readily available for the AWD cars. They are not very easy to find and most if not all are to the point where they need replacing, especially for the guys running OEM axles, which are scarce to find as well.

Something like this for the CAS but less expensive. This is easy for ANYONE with a CNC - no need for logos , just make it out of some aluminum so it doesn't rust.

^^I've been trying but one machine shop won't give me the time of day and someone else doesn't want to do it because FF already sells it. The last company I spoke with wants a minimal order for 50 pieces and I don't have that kind of change.

^^I've been trying but one machine shop won't give me the time of day and someone else doesn't want to do it because FF already sells it. The last company I spoke with wants a minimal order for 50 pieces and I don't have that kind of change.
Maybe one could be 3d printed out of ABS or something? It'd be nice to have a different option from the stock one.

Maybe one could be 3d printed out of ABS or something? It'd be nice to have a different option from the stock one.

A part like this would take about 15 minutes to model and maybe an hour to 3D print. Thing is that a 'consumer grade' 3D printers (filament kind) make layers that tend to peel apart so there is a chance that it will peel around mounting bolts. A way around that would be to make a mold from the 3D print and cast copies out of more durable material so the part is solid.
Will try to remember about that next time at the junk yard and see how easy/difficult it gets.

You can always hit it with acetone to melt the layers together.
15 minutes to model LOL, not for me. I am TERRIBLE at this cad thing. probably take me 15 days

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back