The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Prefabricated ducting to channel air to the radiator to combat the fmic high coolant temp issue.
-2g full black interior
-prefabricated brake ductwork
-center vent gauge clusters (2g)
-relocation kit for cigarette lighter, for those that run converters or even a power plug in for laptops.
-gaugesl power supply bar (would love to have one location tonpower gauges vs running wire to different fuses)

1:A standalone stock main engine harness for the 1ga and 1gb to ecu, with some relocated sensors in the cabin for better under hood space, [it would also be cool if it could accept both the 1990 and 1991-1994 sensors connectors... just in case you cant find one or the other.] it would be nice to be able to buy just 1 product to do it all at once.

2: Evo 4 to 9 engine motor mounts, for mounting the reverse evo 4g63t into the 2g 420a dsms.

3: An evo 10 turbo to 1g/2g dsm exhaust manifold, and down pipe kit.

4: an evo engine harness to 2g adapter harness to do the evo 4g63 to 420A swap.

5: the rotory valve head [yeah like we will ever see that made]...

6: custom made timing belt tensioner that is rebuild-able via a cartridge that slides into a forged body unit.

You can always use gtechniq c4 trim restore as that crystalises to a new and protected finish for a few years

I wanna see a different designed carbon fiber hood. The design supras have. I asked before but they said its high unless I make it a group buy. And now i might consider it. Anyone else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 256
I've seen a polished timing cover for 1Gs. Why aren't these made for 2Gs yet? They're dope.

Some proper adjustable wishbones front and rear and i know this is asking alot the front lower curved control arm. This is a tall order due to the breaking force and ive looked alot into it but my knowledge is still limited as im learning still so someone else might be better at this. Basically all componants like this would be nice to adjust!

Do you mean maybe something similar to these with heim joints?: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-tubular-and-spherical-rear-toe-arms.482242/

I'd rather get a new part than put a coating on plastic thats been out in the direct sun for 20 years. But if it's not available, it's not available....
Another option might be that "wipe new" stuff I've seen at the parts stores lately. Might need to do some research to see if it really works though. I think there's a "back to black" product as well. My Xterra had some faded black plastic parts and I used a product that made it look like new again but I forget what it was exactly.

I plasti-dipped mine 1 1/2 years ago and it still looks like new, save for a couple small tears from rock chips that could be fixed pretty easily. They're hardly noticeable though and I've got bigger issues to deal with before I worry about that

Totally agree with you on this one:

Evo 4 to 9 engine motor mounts, for mounting the reverse evo 4g63t but into any 2g LOL

1:A standalone stock main engine harness for the 1ga and 1gb to ecu, with some relocated sensors in the cabin for better under hood space, [it would also be cool if it could accept both the 1990 and 1991-1994 sensors connectors... just in case you cant find one or the other.] it would be nice to be able to buy just 1 product to do it all at once.

2: Evo 4 to 9 engine motor mounts, for mounting the reverse evo 4g63t into the 2g 420a dsms.

3: An evo 10 turbo to 1g/2g dsm exhaust manifold, and down pipe kit.

4: an evo engine harness to 2g adapter harness to do the evo 4g63 to 420A swap.

5: the rotory valve head [yeah like we will ever see that made]...

6: custom made timing belt tensioner that is rebuild-able via a cartridge that slides into a forged body unit.

Do you mean maybe something similar to these with heim joints?: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-tubular-and-spherical-rear-toe-arms.482242/

Yes similer. Ive actually got these aswell. I was temped to make a set and try it out but due to the force being put on the curved arm when breaking. Then i couldnt figure out at the time the inner section was called a dogbone bush or a wing bush. Still dont know if ive got that right haha. The straight LCA is not an issue and can be made with out issue and paul might still sell these. As for the wishbones. Im still having ideas as to the best way to make or even suggest getting better system for our cars

+1 on the mass produced tubular k-member, but in the price range of the mustangs which are $2xx insttead of the high priced custom one made.

A transfer case upgrade like the one that the driveshaft shop used to make. Shep makes an upgrade but it is $2xxx. For that price I will keep a few extra stock ones on hand.

transfer case:
http://shop.boostinperformance.com/Upgraded-Transfer-case-p/bp-dsmtcase-upgraded.htm

k-member:
http://www.bulfab.com/bf-kmember.html

I'd like to see a full belly pan made, or atleast one for the engine area to help with aero like are sold for EVO's. Chances of that happening seems to be slime to none. I have plans to try to make one for my Talon here in the near future. Just have to make an outlight and get some aluminum to play with. Also plan on doing quick release fasteners. I plan to vent it, make an access panel for the jack point, oil filter, and drain point for oil. Should be fun to try to do.

I'd like to see a full belly pan made, or atleast one for the engine area to help with aero like are sold for EVO's. Chances of that happening seems to be slime to none. I have plans to try to make one for my Talon here in the near future. Just have to make an outlight and get some aluminum to play with. Also plan on doing quick release fasteners. I plan to vent it, make an access panel for the jack point, oil filter, and drain point for oil. Should be fun to try to do.

Man I would be all over that for a 2G. I keep toying with the idea of doing the same thing with some sheet aluminum from my dad's shop. Wouldn't take much to come up with just a flat belly pan, but getting the cutouts made and mounting points for those wouldn't be too much fun. It's be great if you could tie it in to the frame and run out just a bit past the bumper just to somewhat get the effect of a Splitter.

+1 on the rear diffuser, something oem looking and not overly rice.

I wanna see a different designed carbon fiber hood. The design supras have. I asked before but they said its high unless I make it a group buy. And now i might consider it. Anyone else?

I have a TRD Style Carbon hood on my 2g actually. No idea who makes it other than it doesn't have a bump for the timing cover so I cut that 1x12 chunk out but it work very well and looks decent.

Trac bars I second, aswell as solid mounts. I know people fab them, however mass production should keep the cost down.

Anyone want to see a "plug n play" catch can? Anyone know the size of the stock hose from the valve cover to the intake pipe?

8mm. I'd be interested in seeing what you have in mind.

Don't want to go that route, thanks though.
I think some guys out there just want a budget catch can that is ready to go

+2 on the rear diffuser and +1 on the belly pan. definitely OEM looking. Also maybe a plug n play replacement fuel level sending unit especially for the AWD's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back