The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

DSM Production Numbers [Merged 7-7] totals built

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin24

Probationary Member
Sep 23, 2002
Alberta_canada
hey guys just wondering if anyone knows the production numbers of each trimline for the 1 g and 2 g dsms...thanks heaps in advance

Would also like to know since ppl tells me that there werent too many black spyders with black tops and grey interior done...But I got one*LOL*
Just fun to hear if anybody knows the whole deal about this:)

ive been searching for this for a while but i couldnt find it...
does anyone know the production numbers for the 92 GSX? i was just wondering.

yeah. i saw it for the 2gs and i was wondering what it was for the 1g. it was sayin that for most of the years, 4% of the eclipses made were GSXs or somethin like that. i guess it was probably about the same for 1g but i dunno.

wow only 4 percent were gsx's
crazy i guess that means i would only buy 1% of dsms
since i would never buy a already modified one and i can't have one with over 100k(mom says so)

Does anyone have the resources to find out how RARE Turbo DSMs are?
I have always been curious of the Production Numbers. All Years....All DSM (Mitsu, Eagle, Plymouth)....by the Year please, if possible.

Not interested in the Non-Turbo's, only the Turbo Cars.

FYI: Did you know......the most numerous HEMI car from the 60's-early 70's was a 1966 Plymouth Satellite. 508 produced.
Thats alot compared to the (13) 1971 Hemi Cuda's.

Thanks

I cannot find the production numbers for 94 gsx!! Does anyone know about how many were made?

4g63GSX said:
undefinedundefinedI cannot find the production numbers for 94 gsx!! Does anyone know about how many were made?????? :dsm:

Strictly hearsay, and this isn't even exact #'s, but atleast for 2g's, (I know your asking about 94's, but i'd imagine the #'s are that far off), that of the population, only 5% were turbo, and of that 5%, only 1% was AWD.

This link will give you some production numbers. It doesn't list quantities down to the trim level, but it does differentiate between Eclipse/Talon/Laser in some parts. It's the best thing I could find.
www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/ir/share/pdf/e/fact0109.pdf

There is a trick you can use to determine the percentage of turbo and non-turbo cars for a particular year. Go to Autozone's website (www.autozone.com) and go through their vehicle selector. When you get to the part where you need to choose which engine is in your car, they list the percentage of cars for each engine. Nothing for AWD/FWD, though.

Finally, my hearsay info is that only about 1/3 of all the turbo cars are AWD.

That's all I can tell ya.

Around here gst's and regular tsi's are a fairly common. I have one of the only 3 AWD models in town (as far as i know). :D

i heard something like 7-8% were turbo and half were AWD. At least 2gs

The autozone numbers are higher but i believe there based off the number of people who go onto that specific site and report having that engine. Seems like there more likely going to be a turbo enthusiast looking online for small parts. Compared to a older person who commutes in their n/t and takes it to firestone for oil changes and the like. Just a thought.

hey, this is most likely a really newb question but i would really like to know i did a google search really quick and a search on the site and can't find some numbers on how many :dsm: :talon: :laser: 's, were sold and of what types were sold example 10,00 total eclipses, 4,000 N/T, 3,000 FWD Turbo, 3,00 AWD Turbo something like that thanks!

does anyone know how many talon tsi's were produced in 93? or have a production breakdown for the car

Can anyone find production numbers broken down like all the other car forums have? How many talons non turbo, turbo and awd, and the same for the eclipse and lazer? I have been wanting to know this for years.

Year Units
1988 2,409
1989 90,741
1990 148,379
1991 153,936
1992 139,783
1993 136,035
1994 169,829
1995 218,161
1996 192,961
1997 189,086
1998 157,139
1999 161,844
2000 222,036
2001 193,435
2002 202,352
2003 173,699
2004 113,435
2005 87,594
Total 2,752,854

that's about all i know of. i don't think there's actually a breakdown of trims anywhere.

2000 222,036
Should explain why they went to the 3G design/simplicity. There are further break-downs out there. Ive seen them, it was colors/trims/years. Some of the Lasers are pretty rare!!

Does anybody know where to get info regarding how many DSM's were produced? Info regarding number of cars produced for each brand, number of turbo cars, transmissions equipped, and color of cars? Anything like this available? I'm also curious as to where the 2nd gen cars were built after '95, as I've heard that only 1g's and early 2g's were true DSM's.

Somewhere on here are the production number estimates.

Also, the 2g's were built in the same Normal, Ill. plant as the 1g's, but by the mid-90's the Chrysler/Mitsubishi relationship had ended contractually.

Does anybody have any information on this subject? 2 people have told me that my car's color is rare, and I would just like to know how valid that statement is. I'm not very familiar with these cars yet (bought it 3/4 year ago) so any help would be appreciated. The car is a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5 speed, Dark Spectrum Blue Metallic/Quartz Gray Metallic.

:thumb::talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back