The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Problems with blower...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd4g63

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2002
Savannah, Georgia
Here's the situation:

My car has been sitting outside for a month or two under a bunch of trees. My dial for switching from outside to inside air is broken from behind the dash. So, when I turned on the air, there was a lot of dust and particles trying to fly through my vents. I just got done cleaning the inside of the car too :mad: I need to know how to get behind the dash to fix the dial and to somehow clean out the blower system. I took the two clips out that allow you to access the screws beneath them, unscrewed them all, but still cant pop out the damn center dash. Anyway, any help is greatly appreaciated :thumb:

- Jon

In my '91 the top center air vent duct cover must also be removed to get the center dash piece out. To do this look with a flashlight into the vent louvers and you'll see two 'clips' [one on the left and one on the right] hidden inside. Stick in a screwdriver blade and move these clips inward [towards center], which will release the vent cover. I THINK that you'll find two more screws underneath it. I didn't know this at first..... so I yanked and shook and yelled at my console, and ended up blowing out all of the indicator lamps in that section....... so be careful. I had to ask the dealer mechanics how to remove the damn thing. They told me what I just wrote above and gave me a pretty photocopy diagram out of the service manual.
Let me know if I'm right. It's been a while since I did it, and brain cells have died off since then !OMG

Sweet, it worked :thumb: Thanks man

- Jon

Jon,
I live to please !!! :) :D :laugh: OMG :p ... just thought I'd push alot of icon buttons!

LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back