The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Problems Installing Indy Race COres FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGSX

20+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2002
Vacaville, California
I recived my IRC FMIC today. THe throttle body elbow is pointing at the battery and doesnt line the uicp with the ic. Can someone with this setup send me a pick of yours please.

look an the pics in my gallery it should piont the same

Originally posted by JoeGSX
I recived my IRC FMIC today. THe throttle body elbow is pointing at the battery and doesnt line the uicp with the ic. Can someone with this setup send me a pick of yours please.

Maybe you got the 1G elbow

Thats what im thinking. Its so far from linning up it not even funny. Lower pipe fits good though. If he would have sent the stepdown it would have been even better. I must say though even with all the problems its a NICE core. Ken does have some skills. Just needs some customer service
Joe

Thats what im thinking. Its so far from linning up it not even funny. Lower pipe fits good though. If he would have sent the stepdown it would have been even better. I must say though even with all the problems its a NICE core. Ken does have some skills. Just needs some customer service
Joe

can you post a pic of it?

I just installed mine and had the same problem. I just spoke with Ken, he said the bender made a batch of pipes wrong. I am sure he will post here soon to clear things up.

Also, I must say, other than this little problem, the IC kit is awesome. Everything is top notch.

Yeah... have just found that the welder made the 2g elbows w/ 1g bends. I have some more bends getting made and will have some new elbows welded up as soon as they are done. I will ship these out to customers free of charge. If you guys want to compile a list here.. that is fine. But I also have my own list going. I apologize for the inconvenience to our customers. Especially those that had to wait an extended amount. We have taken care of a few issues and are trying to keep the wait down to the bare minimum.

As a temporary fix.. I do know that the stock 2g elbow will fit w/ some slight bend in the coupler...

Sorry,
Ken Bacon
Indy Race Cores

Thanks for the reply Ken. Whats the wait time for the new ones? For anyone who wanted to see what it looks like here ya go

Attachments

• 03_01a.jpg
    03_01a.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 512
Ken whats the status of the new elbows? I also am waiting for my other package you said would be sent out 2 mondays ago.

Joe

Ken whats the status of the new elbows? I also am waiting for my other package you said would be sent out 2 mondays ago.

Joe

ken, what is up with the elbows?
i think it would be wise to email those on "your list" directly and not rely on us finding out on public forums.
i heard from troy today....he still has not rec'd his refund from you. (?)
he ordered his intercooler 2 months before me. i have mine, he doesn't.
let's take care of this paypal thing, alright?
greg

Originally posted by gsx951

ken, what is up with the elbows?
i think it would be wise to email those on "your list" directly and not rely on us finding out on public forums.
i heard from troy today....he still has not rec'd his refund from you. (?)
he ordered his intercooler 2 months before me. i have mine, he doesn't.
let's take care of this paypal thing, alright?
greg

Why not take this elsewhere. Your post here has been reported, the one in the other forum replied to, and one in the hangout locked. Read the rules.

Anyone here from Ken? It would be nice to drive my car again! And i could care less if this gets locked or i get kicked off. You would do the same thing if you were in my shoes.

joe, email me at home. sean made some very valid points about wanting to keep this off of the forum and i'm going to respect that.
short answer is: no! the rest i'll tell you later.
greg

When did you get your kit? I got mine about a month ago through AGP, and they said that IRC has been sending them 2G kits for a while without TB elbows, but they are expecting to get those elbows sometime to ship to customers.

Doh, mine was a 1g...disregard my stupidity.

Originally posted by gs-t
Bringing this back up, has anyone received the correct TB elbow? My kit came without one (not even the wrong one). Just wondering.

nope........no throttle elbow, no catch can and no response from ken.
i built my own throttle elbow and it fits fine.
i also had to cut 2.500" out of the lower pipe assy. to get it to fit.
there is a user in this forum who has it even worse....he paid $1,300.00, more than six months ago and has nothing.
i'll bet you a dollar that you will never see your elbow.

Originally posted by gsx951

nope........no throttle elbow, no catch can and no response from ken.
i built my own throttle elbow and it fits fine.
i also had to cut 2.500" out of the lower pipe assy. to get it to fit.
there is a user in this forum who has it even worse....he paid $1,300.00, more than six months ago and has nothing.
i'll bet you a dollar that you will never see your elbow.
I didn't get a coolant overflow, either. I also had to cut about 3" off one of the lower pipes to get it to fit.

Originally posted by gs-t
I didn't get a coolant overflow, either. I also had to cut about 3" off one of the lower pipes to get it to fit.

that ken, he's a real pro........

check with your vendor. the items you didn't receive are listed in his kit.
this is stuff you have paid for.

i had to become a complete prick to get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back