The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Problem with revs and sound of Hydraulic Lifters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttanis

Probationary Member
May 10, 2021
Valencia, Europe
Hi, I have had these problems for some time now, the engine is rectified, it is a 420a from 1995
The revolutions are always around 2000 revolutions without me stepping on the accelerator or anything, and in my head it makes the sound of the hydraulic lifters but they are new, I have tried changing the type of oil to see if it was because of that but nothing , on the highway the car loses power and it is difficult for it to accelerate it happens to me when I demand a little more or I turn it up a little more revs than normal
If someone can help me because i dont know what to do, Thank you from Spain

if your idle is at 2000 rpms, its probably one of these things:
  • a vacuum leak
  • throttle body isn't closing all the way
  • malfunctioning Idle air control motor

for you lifters:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and for the acceleration problem, i would start by changing out the fuel filter.
after that if you still have the problem, check the fuel pressure

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

if you need a copy of the factory service manual, you can get it HERE

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back