The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

problem with factory alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypnotik

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2003
just recently my factory alarm in my 97 gsx decides to start going off whenever it wants. I already checked the battery as occasionally this would be a sign of a week battery. My question is....how do i disable the factory alarm so I can install a new one??

Thanks For any help

Mine started doing the same thing, I took my sister to the grocery store, i was messing around with my key remote. and locked the doors, so she tried to open them from the inside and the alarm went off...I did NOT know how to get it off so i popped the hood and unhooked the battery...

People have said since then that you push the lock and unlock buttons together or something....i dont know, i just dont want it happening again.

You re-set the factory alarm by turning the driver's door lock toward "unlock" with the key.

If you're getting ghost alarms, check the height of the triggers on the hatch, hood and doors. Especially the hood one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back