The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Problem / Solution.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusMX141

Dec 13, 2005
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Problem - My chosen hobby leaves me with nice piles of scrap turbocharger components.

Solution - Normally I'll scrap whatever remnants are there at the end of the year. This year I chose a slightly different path.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the coolest Christmas tree ornaments a turbo rebuilder and DSM enthusiant could hang on their tree. ROFL

Attachments

• Ornaments1.jpg
    Ornaments1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Ornaments2.jpg
    Ornaments2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 42
I put a little time into it, but there was basically no expense. I just dropped the wheels into a warm phosphoric acid-based cleaning solution to remove all of the grease, oil, and staining. Let them soak in the acid a few hours, allowed them to dry overnight, then sprayed them with some old paint I had laying around. I wanted to do some in a deep red but I didn't have that color on-hand, and I wasn't about to go buy paint.

I did have to drill a 1/8" hole in each wheel for the ornament hook. That was about the the extent of the actual "labor". LOL

Cost so far = $0.

All of the larger silver wheels in the photo are HX35 compressors- they're quite heavy. I may have to omit those for next years' collection and stick with some smaller stuff so it doesn't yank on the tree limbs too much.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back