The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Probably stupid question, 99 spyder gs convertible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babyboywc54425@gmail

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2021
Kearney, Nebraska
I have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4, will parts from a 97 eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4 compatible?? Specifically the iac value?

That's what I thought. I'm new obviously to find compatibility to my 99 LOL alot of people say it's a unicorn for find parts. The reason I ask is when I looked online it's said a 97 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4 wasn't compatible for the idle control valve. But, I don't really trust that since I have bought parts from places that swear up and down they are correct when they weren't. So, I'm kinda lost

Anything that is specific to the spyder models, are hard to find. Basically nothing can really be bought new except the replacement canvas. I'm now on my 3rd spyder, and it's been that way since the 1st one.

What you're probably seeing is non turbo 420a. The spyder is somewhat of an anomaly as it's neither 4g63 or 420a but will share parts with the 4g63 and none with the 420a. When people say non turbo 2nd gen eclipse it's usually assumed 420a chrysler.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back