The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Probably stupid question, 99 spyder gs convertible.

[email protected]

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2021
Kearney, Nebraska
I have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4, will parts from a 97 eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4 compatible?? Specifically the iac value?

[email protected]

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2021
Kearney, Nebraska
That's what I thought. I'm new obviously to find compatibility to my 99 LOL alot of people say it's a unicorn for find parts. The reason I ask is when I looked online it's said a 97 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs convertible 2.4 wasn't compatible for the idle control valve. But, I don't really trust that since I have bought parts from places that swear up and down they are correct when they weren't. So, I'm kinda lost

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where in, Colorado
Anything that is specific to the spyder models, are hard to find. Basically nothing can really be bought new except the replacement canvas. I'm now on my 3rd spyder, and it's been that way since the 1st one.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
What you're probably seeing is non turbo 420a. The spyder is somewhat of an anomaly as it's neither 4g63 or 420a but will share parts with the 4g63 and none with the 420a. When people say non turbo 2nd gen eclipse it's usually assumed 420a chrysler.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds