The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Pro-Kit vs. Sportline

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick McCardle

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2002
Canton, Georgia
I'd love for my car to be lowered more than 1" like with the Pro-Kit. Because the tire-fender space is ridiculous at the moment. However, I've heard that the Pro-Kit handles better than Sportlines. Anyone know if this is true? I want my car to handle as good as possible. Anyone have pics of a 1G with Sportlines or Pro-Kit? I'd been planning on Pro-Kit springs, Koni shocks/struts, with undecided STBs and a rear sway bar...but, if Sportlines perform just as well and it's not a ridiculously low drop...I'd love to get them.

I have the sportlines with AGX on my 1G with 17" wheels. It does not seem that low (but lower than the Prokits) but it is a stiffer ride. I do like the way the car handles. My biggest complaint is the stiffer ride. I will try to get a pic this weekend.

actually nick whoever gave you that info dosen't know what they are talking about. for starters the pro kit (and i quote from eibach springs - the suspension company)

increased performance*
excellent ride quality*
progressive spring design*
lowers vehicle 1.0'' to 1.5''
''eibach pro-kits are designed by our team of suspension engineers - to offer the best handling and aggressive good looks - without sacrificing ride quality( and remember that - "" THE BEST WITHOUT SACRIFICING RIDE QUALITY''). by using our progressive spring design, we have achieved the ultimate balance taht will take your passion for driving to a whole new level. it's no wonder that our pro-kit are the #1 choice for automotive enthusiasts world wide''

now the sportline

extreme performance*
race-car like handling*
progressive spring design*
lowers vehicle 1.75 to 2.25
'' created for the extreme enthusiast, who wants that "race-car'' attitude, our sportline springs are designed for maximum street performance - with the lowest possible drop. engineered with the same care as our pro - kit spring. eibach's sprotline springs achieve legendary
handling by aggressively lowering the vehicle's center of gravity with precision - engineered spring rate. the result is a car that handles as well as it looks.

well thats the skinny on the two spring types - now you tell me which is the best - ''best ride quality'' or ''maximum street performance''
PRO KIT SPORTLINE

Originally posted by RACER-X
actually nick whoever gave you that info dosen't know what they are talking about.

Thanks for the kind words, maybe I am just making it up that I have the Sportlines on my Yugo. Maybe you are an expert on the 4Ps of marketing.

Originally posted by 1QWK4

Thanks for the kind words, maybe I am just making it up that I have the Sportlines on my Yugo.
1QWK4, I don't think that was a knock on you... he was saying that the information that Nick got from somewhere else was wrong...

The Sportlines are meant for race use and for those who don't care so much about the ride quality (you'll feel every rock on the road) - so they should handle a little better. The Pro Kits (which I have on my car with the AGXs) are rough enough for me. I too would like the added drop but would not go to a harsher ride than I have now just to achieve the look. Some people don't mind it though... you'll just have to ask yourself what's most important to you.

iqwk4, ludachris is rite; i wasn't referring to you; i was refering to what nick wrote; the info you gave was correct but vague and i knew where to look (and i have sportlines also) and gave the info straight from "eibach springs"

Ok, I guess I misinterpreted it..my bad.

Here is my take on the Sportlines on a 1G AWD:
As for dragging the 1G dsm AWD, it will not squat on launch and gives the car a nice low profile (fills the wheel gaps in nicely). Some 1Gs like my buddies car, you can barely tell he has pro kits on his car compared to the stock springs (just by looking at it). It does handle well though. The biggest advantage of the Pro Kits in my opinion over Sportlines, your head/DSM won't bounce like the folks in the riced out Hondas. I have to buy springs for my wife's dsm, she's getting the Prokits hands down.

well actually 1qwk4 my gs dosent bounce around on sportline. the reason those hondas do i think is because they just have springs and not performance shocks or struts, and over a period of time those hondas have probably blown out their factory shocks and struts; consequently they dont have anything to dampen their bound and rebound when they hit bumps and dips in the road. yes my car bottoms out in some places and i can send you pictures of my oil pan to prove it, but one thing is for sure their is no bound or reboud in my car its as stiff as sh!t.

Well on my 1G AWD with new sportlines and AGX my car bounces like those hondas. Not as bad but its quite a change for a 1G dsm. Maybe its different on a 1G campared to a 2G.

I have Sportlines on my 97 GS-T. I hate them. I wish I hadn't tried them. First though, they do not ride rough. I have a nice supple ride to my car. I'm using Tokico Illumina's and the Sportlines. But I'm on my third front bumper, second oil pan, and the frame is scratched/dented to hell. The drop is just too far, I've been two of the Tokico's (and replaced them). Overall, bad. Get a matched coilover setup (like JIC, Apex, etc.). Yes, it is ungodly expensive. But is there anything it lacks? I'm saving for the JIC kit for my GS-X.

I have a 91 Tsi with sportlines and AGX's and i have to say i love 'em. However, my boy has the same setup on his 96 GS and he hates it. I went over to DSMTalk and did some research before i bought mine and found that most of the 1st Gen's loved that combo, but almost all of the 2nd Gen's hated it, i puts their undercarrige to low, plus the suspension is different so the cars will respond differently. Don't be fooled though i like the slightly 'bouncey' feel, it's worth it to me to be able to take corners the way i do. Plus. . . . . it looks tight :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back