The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Previous owner had O2/ECU wired wrong, is this normal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iliketurbos94

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2018
DORR, Michigan
Hello, been here awhile but rarely post. Have a 97 gst. Silver/grey metal ecu. Not blackbox.
Previous owner did a hack job rewiring front o2 and knock sensor. I've since fixed it. But noticed he had the front o2 sensor plugged into what I believe was the cruise control harness?

The guy freaking spliced INTO the CC harness for the o2 signal and had it ran to the ecu!

Could this have caused any damage to the O2 sensor or ECU?

The car runs about the same. Hoping I rewired it correctly using the 2g ecu pinout. (95-96 same as 97?) I checked continuity on the oem harness wires and reconnected n electrical taped.

Could this cause an issue with radio interference of the o2 sensor? Signal seemes to be intermittent going between 0.020 and .900ish volts.
Pics were taken while cruising at 60. Graph log is about 15/20 seconds long.

Obd reader updates about every second so live data is not 100% sreamlined.

Does everything seem normal here??
I can get more pics if anyone's interested
Thanks for your time

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
That is what an O2 sensor does. It constantly cycles looking for stoich. Under WOT it will flatline high. At throttle off coasting above 1500rpm it will flatline at 0.
Looks normal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back