The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Pressure Test is Testing Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44pirate

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2002
CAPE CORAL, Florida
I read the VFAQ! I made the pressure tester that fits on the turbo intake. I'm using an electric pressure tester, yeah it makes alot of noise, it runs for a few minutes but according to my boost guage I'm not buliding any pressure. Of course when the pump is running I can't here #@%#@%#@%#@% but when I turnnit off I don't here any leaks. When I nail it, it spikes to 19 and settles to 15 it pulls pretty good. The thing is I here this squeach when I nail it so I thought I have a boost leak so I'm chekin for it. I need help any suggestions are welcomed.

I used an electric compressor had it run for about 30 sec and shut it off and I heard all my leaks loud and clear.

Later,

Do I have such a big ass boost leak. It just doesn't seem so. One time I hooked a tire pump up to the BOV vacumn line and pumped the #@%#@%#@%#@% out of it. When I disconnected teh pump air would rush back out otf the line.
If I had a huge boost leak would it even pull at all or bog? I don't know. WHen I used the tire pump method I hurd a gurglin but another thread I read said that was normal.:cry:

I doesn't seem you have a leak. My boost guage only goes to 5psi but I have no leaks. I may try with a bike pump just to see if there is any differece.

Later,

Thanks for responding. I'll try that since I haven't tried it with the new tester. What are your thoughts on the squeach I here when I nail it.

I know with my tester, I used a foot-pump. It was a pretty big pump, so I thought I would've been able to move enough air in quick enough (everything leaks a little) But I couldn't pump it fast enough, it built no pressure at all.

I thought about like an electric tire pump or something, but I didn't think that'd be able to supply enough air quickly either.

so, I just asked someone with a compressor to be my buddy :) I had just a tiny tiny leak by the throttle body that didn't matter. So, I had no leaks, but still couldn't build pressure with the footpump. Just need to get more air in there quicker :)

-Jesse

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back