The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Pressure Plate Clamp Loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bastarddsm

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Mendota, Illinois
Over the summer in my quest to find the best clutch for my application, I checked the clamp load of all of the PP's I had in stock.

Turns out an OEM mitsu pressure plate is a pretty nice piece. The XTD and Parts store Replacement ones suck. The 2600 does what it claims, but there seems to be many many problems with them. If anyone has any they want tested PM me and I can do that and add them to the chart.

I should have went farther with the QM, but I didn't measure it to see where it's normal operating range is.

I'll also try and measure release load and clearance if I can get time over thanksgiving or christmas.

I'd really like to see and ACT2900, and a ACT3200, as well as some SBC's, Fidanza, and CC products.

I'm beginning to think the best clutch setup for me might be a heavy flywheel QM operating as a single, with a sintered Iron disc.

Attachments

• pploads.jpg
    pploads.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 120
Why didn't you test the act 2900? The one I have is stiffer then a wedding dick. Did you need one to test? I have the older style without the humps.

Why didn't you test the act 2900? The one I have is stiffer then a wedding dick. Did you need one to test? I have the older style without the humps.

LMFAO i WILL remember that one bro!!!! Thats some hillbilly shit right there, love it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back