The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Prescription Sunglasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiousECLIPSE

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2004
Mankato-Area, Minnesota
Okay, so I can't wear contacts due to having overly sensitive eyes and have to wear glasses. I know you can buy frames at the eye doctor and have tinted lenses, but can you buy sunglasses and have the lenses "prescriptionified"?

audiousECLIPSE said:
Okay, so I can't wear contacts due to having overly sensitive eyes and have to wear glasses. I know you can buy frames at the eye doctor and have tinted lenses, but can you buy sunglasses and have the lenses "prescriptionified"?

Prescriptionized* :p

yes go to your local sun glasses stor and they can help you

you can get regular perscriptions with a polarized tint, or you can get frames that have the magnetic clip ons.

Don't waste your money on those 'transition' lenses (the ones that darken in sunlight). They don't work in your car because your windows block the UV rays that are needed to trigger the darkening of the lenses.

Prescription sunglasses are as normal as regular prescription glasses.

Some frames come with polarized lenses that snaps on top the presciption lenses. These are cool and saves you money since you dont have to buy 2 pairs of glasses for indoor and outdoor. They look like normal sunglasses but the tinted part snaps off when not needed.

No, I know you can get tinted lenses for your glasses. I'm asking if you can buy regular sunglasses and have the lenses adjusted to fit your prescription.

I have Oakleys that are prescription. You can't tell unless you put them on . :shhh:

To answer your question.
Yes you can get prescription sunglasses. They remove the regular lens, cut one htats identical and put it in. But the drawback is there are only certain frames you can do it to due to the shapr contour of say, oakleys nad such. Like they said above, go to your local eyewear place nad ask them. they can help you better than a bunch of wrench monkeys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back