The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Precision turbo 6031

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Hey everyone how is this turbo are they reliable it'll be on my daily? I'm wanting to upgrade from my small 16g. How is the precision in comparison to a mhi 20g in size? Any info on the 6031 would be great thank you!

Had the 6031 on my 1g when I got it. Seems to be pretty reliable. Wasn't tuned so I don't know the numbers but the butt dyno felt good. Now I am selling it to put my top mounted setup on.

Had the 6031 on my 1g when I got it. Seems to be pretty reliable. Wasn't tuned so I don't know the numbers but the butt dyno felt good. Now I am selling it to put my top mounted setup on.

Haha I knew you'd respond to this, Because I was looking at yours.. I just don't know much about turbos just want something bigger than I have now. Pretty sure I'm maxing it or pretty close,

Wish I could help you out more. I would have kept it on but I like my Shearer top mount. Now from my seller stand point. This is a must have!!. But seriously I am sure another member will chime in.

Wish I could help you out more. I would have kept it on but I like my Shearer top mount. Now from my seller stand point. This is a must have!!. But seriously I am sure another member will chime in.

me too, i'll definitely be more interested with some more feedback on them!

The PTE DSM-flanged turbine housing (assuming that's what it has) is going to hold you back from making airflow that the compressor is capable of, and also help make the turbo a little less-reliable (turbine restriction accelerates thrust wear and also causes heatsoak which can take the spring tension out of turbine sealing rings in a matter of a few pulls).

If you stay below 25psi or so you should be OK...above that (especially on pump gas) you'll want a T3 turbine housing on it for sure.

The PTE DSM-flanged turbine housing (assuming that's what it has) is going to hold you back from making airflow that the compressor is capable of, and also help make the turbo a little less-reliable (turbine restriction accelerates thrust wear and also causes heatsoak which can take the spring tension out of turbine sealing rings in a matter of a few pulls).

If you stay below 25psi or so you should be OK...above that (especially on pump gas) you'll want a T3 turbine housing on it for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I'm only running 20psi right now. Or should I just stick with mitsu turbos? I just installed an evo 3 manifold don't really feel like taking it off already LOL. Switching to a T3 turbine housing will make me have to do so wont it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back